xisto Community
OCAC

Site Improvements - Home Button improve trap 17 site

Hi, did a quick search but could not find any thread on this, a general suggestion thread on layout improvements. so I hope I am not trotting on anybody's food here. If, please excuse, and basch me to the end of the thread where I belong.So here goes. When I design websites, I always strife to make it as quick, and as sweet as possible, rather unlike the explanation and introduction to this post.So, my question?Why is there no home button at the top of the screen. When I want to go and check my credits, or just go back to the top of the pile and look at all the threads that are out there (and I do this about two or three times per visit) I have to scroll somewhere into the middle of the page, select a pulldown menu, click on it, press go and presto. rather than just making one press on the keyboard - top of page, and press f.e the logo, which would carry me straight back to the forum start. The other option is to go into my bookmarks, or click on my quicklink, but really a home button would be nice, somewhere up there.That is my only serious criticism, for the time being.But I am sure others have theirs. What is yours? And what can we do about it?

I don't think there is really that much a need for a home button. Just look under the google search box and under this topic you will see this lineFree Web Hosting > Have your say > Support and Feedback > Suggestionsjust click on the first link "Free Web Hosting" to bring yourself back to the so called Home. I think to create a Home button may not be all too easy since the board looks sleek right now without obvious buttons and the button too must fit into the colour scheme.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't discovered that one, possibly, because it is not in an immediately obvious place, even though the way it is presented is certainly "standard". maybe it could have a similar grayed background as the top menu with the "Free Web hosting, Gallery.... links", instead of the simple blue stroke. having said that, maybe I should test your different layout options at the same time.... But I will use it now. It seem to be high enough to be reached by a top of page key-stroke, so that is covered as well.