xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Another Sig From Avalon

Here's another sig, tried a few different things to see how they work. (still learning PS) I tried to make it simple yet striking. Let me know what you think. :ph34r:

Posted Image

I agree with cool freaker, i too would remove the drop shadow from the render. As for blending the render in a bit more, i would duplicate the render's layer 3 times. And guassian blur those 3 layers, the first one as 1.0, and the second one as 3.0, and the last one as 5.0.

In this case I wanted the render to stand out, (like it's 'in your face') hence the drop shadow and minimal blending. As for Cool_Freaker's comment about it being boring, perhaps the variation I entered in SOTW #8 makes it less boring?

I don't think you should remove the drop shadow as the render would then fade into the background more and you stated you wanted the eyes to pop out. When I look at the sig my eyes are first drawn to the text. If that is what you intended, great. If not try blending the text back with a similar shading/coloring effect to make the render stand out more.

areawe picked up on what I was trying to do. Attract the viewers attention with the text and then when they look further they notice they are being 'watched'. :huh:I think the version I posted in SOTW #8 does it even better with the highlighting of the text that then leads to the eyes.