xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamHolmes

*burning To Dvd*

Hi, Ive seen loads of times people asking how to burn to Dvd discs so Ill write a quick guide...

Avi to Dvd

1. Download WinAvi Video Convertor, Open it up and choose to convert to Dvd

2. After thats finished you'll have a Video_ts folder wherever you chose to save to

3. Download Nero (Im using Nero 6 Ultra Edition) Then open the Nero Burning rom

4. Create a new Dvd-video compilation and drag all the files from your Video_ts folder into the VIDEO_TS folder in Nero (Ignore the AUDIO_TS) folder

5. Then burn it onto a blank dvd disc and it should work in most dvd players.

Iso Image to Dvd

1. Download Alcohol 120%, Open it up and choose Image burning wizard

2. Select your Iso file and follow the steps through, hopefully it should work fine in most dvd players.

Ill add to this post later for more formats

Whoa, how did this get slip through moderators?Since both WinAvi Video and Alcohol 120% are trial based downloads, implying anything other than that would be breaking forum rules. And promoting to duplicate a DVD that is not legally owned is also breaking the copyright law, ergo breaking the forum rule.Be very careful what and how you discuss here, dear members. Otherwise I will have to close this topic.

Whoa, how did this get slip through moderators?

Since both WinAvi Video and Alcohol 120% are trial based downloads, implying anything other than that would be breaking forum rules. And promoting to duplicate a DVD that is not legally owned is also breaking the copyright law, ergo breaking the forum rule.

Be very careful what and how you discuss here, dear members. Otherwise I will have to close this topic.

192021[/snapback]

I am not sure the OP was implying anything other that that the user must have WinAvi and Nero to convert and burn. And he most certainly was not "promoting to duplicate a DVD that is not legally owned." He was talking about converting and burning avi's to dvd. I didn't see him say anything about ripping dvds, etc. And finally, while dicussing such topics may be a violation of forum rules, it is NOT a violation of copyright law. That is why publications such as HIGH TIMES have never been banned - the United States Constitution (I assume we are talking about U.S. law here) guarantees the right to the free exchange of ideas. This right is not unlimited - if I go to a persons house and explain how to them step by step how to illegally modify a firearm WHILE THEY ARE DOING THE WORK, that looks (in the eyes of the courts) more like complicity than speech. Yet I am free to publish and sell a pamphlet on how to do it. I would say that the OP's speech fell into the latter category.

Of course, forum rules are whatever the webmaster wants them to be.

shaneroche,

Please do not go off topic.

As a moderator I have to foresee every possibility of what can go wrong. Do you read the original post? It says to download...that's the key word I was moderating. When the next post says I downloaded but I need the key or serial number, that's the very topic I was warning.

And what if another member starts, 'I have this DVD and I don't know or can't make it to AVI' I had to make sure I set the tone of this topic discussion.

If you would like to discuss Copyright please see this topic http://forums.xisto.com/topic/24076-copyright-protection-what-iscopyright-protection/ And by the way, we are all aware of the right to have 1 back-up copy of each DVD that you own. But the U.S. millennium digital copyright law does not sanction sharing the method of how.

shaneroche,
Please do not go off topic.

Did I? I replied directly to your comments and expressed my understanding of what I thought the OP was saying (and not saying).

Do you read the original post? .

Yes

I had to make sure I set the tone of this topic discussion..

Hence my aknowledgement of the absolute authority of the site moderators/administrators.

If you would like to discuss Copyright please see this topic...

As an Attorney and member of the Massachusetts Bar Association (though I currently practice and reside overseas), I am more familiar with the intricacies of the law than most people on this site. I was not inviting debate merely stating a principle of statutory interpretation. As you may recall, it was immediately after making that statement that I bowed to your authority, so please do not interprete my thoughts as rebellion (though that, of course, is your prerogative).