xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jae-unit

Favorite Genres Whats Your Favorite Genre?

Whats your favorite genre? My happens to be first person shooters. I just love the idea of playing on teams to kill each other. Seems so much fun! It's like being in the military without any risks. My old favorite genre was just any action games. :ph34r:

Rpgs definatly..I love setting out on a quest thjat takes a long time to finish. The Idea of travelling to a different universe like in FF7 is awesome. I also like Tactics Rpg. My second fav genre is fighting games cuz they require skill, and then action games. I only hate sprots games. They are extremely lame. You say you like shooters whats your fav? And fav company who makes them?

I like battle realms, ceasar, zeus and red alert! I don't know what specific genre they belong in but I like building infrastructures and training an army then later attacking my opponent.

I would have to say that now my favorite genre is First Person Shooters. When I first started playing computer gamies I played a lot of Real Time Strategy, but eventually I started playing a little Unreal Tournement. Now I play Wolfenstien ET. Believe it or not I've never even played Counter Strike. I guess I really should.I really can't seem to get interested in MMORPG. I just don't have to time to justify paying monthly for a game. I don't have the time to devote to a MMORPG to make it worth while.

The genre is RTS(real time strategy) I like those also. Its sometimes hard to classify games into genres but Ive played enough that im now l337 and I understand most.Oh I forgot a genre..lol...I like survival horror as a tie with fighting games..hehe...Infact I love Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Resident Evil, and Fatal Frame.

Thats the same here jae.. I used to just love action games but then my uncle told me about counter strike and i love taht game.. See i used to not like shooting games but now i love them and i will play any shooting game wta cso evr

I like RPG first. (MMORPG, RTS, turn based, doesn't matter) Next is action/platforming games. Ratchet and Clank, Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle. And I hate sport games, they just aren't fun.

My favorite genres is mmorpg's. I've made tons of friends playing these games and it's alot of fun to work together and help eachother out. Another reason I like MMORPG's is that I like the concept of being able to build up a character, unlike other games you have something to show for all the time spent playing.

Seeing as how I play video game way too much, it's kinda hard to pick just one favorite genres. I guess the majority of games I play would fall into the FPS area. Definatly love the Halo and Halo 2, as well as the Rainbow 6 and Splinter Cell series. RPGs are also a good time.....just got done with Indigo Prophecy.....what a mindtrip that was! Would definatly recomend that game to any RPG fan!!

I totally agree with thse people who hate sports games. I think they are lame...I dont find fun in play videogames to play sports, I can just go out in the street and do that. BUt I like RPGs and shooters and all other games cuz its sumthing you could never do in freal life. I like playing games on distant planets and do things I could never do. How many times can you say you've summoned a GF or shot someone with a gunblade? OK now how many times have you played football. See its not much fun comparitaively. As for recommendations I would have to say that the following are some of the best in there feilds.-Key-+--Genre--+>Game----------------System:::Keep in mind this is a small list and I might add some later Ive played too many games to remember:::+--RPG--+(In no particular order)>Final Fantasy Series(of course the best of the best)-NES to PS2>Star Ocean Series-PSone to Ps2>Persona and Persona 2-PSone>Alundra and Alundra 2-PSone>Wild Arms Series-PSone>Legend Of Dragoon-PSone>Lunar series-PSone and GBA>Beyond the Beyond-PSone>Front Mission series-PSone to PS2>Brave Fencer Musashi and Musashi Samurai Legend-Psone and PS2>Legaia and Legaia 2-PS2>Chrono Cross-PSone>Crono Trigger-NES>Shadow Madness-PSone>Threads of Fate-PSone>Baten Kaitos-GC>Tales of Symphonia-GC+--Fighting--+>Tekken Series-PSone to PS2>Soul Calibur-Dreamcast, PS2, Xbow, Gamecube>Bushido Blade-PSone>Dead Or Alive- Dreamcast, Xbox>Bloody Roar- PSone to PS2>The Bouncer-PS2+--MMORPG--+>Phantasy Star Online-GC,Xbox, Dreamcast>Final Fantasy XI-PC, PS2+--Sports--+NONE LMFAO!!!!Well I have tons more Ill add to the list next time, and poissibly go over FPS, RTS, TRPG, Driving, Puzzle(woot ICO), and some other genre.

When I was 13-15 my favorite genre was Action... DooM , Heretic , Quake... Oh such games! But then I started to play RPG games such as Diablo , Baldurs Gate & etc... on 16 My friends buy me a present Final Fantasy 7,8,9 and after these games I can not play in anything else...But now I love MMORPG games such as Ragnarok , World of Warcraft , Lineage.I also cann't say that I hate sports games... For example Basketball(NBA 2005) is a very good game, very good graphics and I really enjoy it.The same I can say about horror games such as Resident Evil & Silent Hill(I think that these games are the kings of horror genre).

My favorite genre is RTS. I also like FPS games (mainly stuff like Battlefield 2).I'm quite good at making maps for WarCraft III (as the World Editor is quite a powerful too if one uses it correctly). WCIII eats up most of my computer time b/c of my maps and stuff, but I barely play the normal game. I probably must say that Act of War: Direct Action has the best multiplayer (non-modded). It's probably one of, if not the, most underrated game ever created. It's quite sad that a game like C&C Generals gets far more attention than AoW, b/c AoW is infinitely better. Dawn of War comes in with a close second. Even with the Imperial Guard, I must say that the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines remain my favorite two races.Have you guys heard about Company of Heroes yet? That game will single-handedly revolutionize RTS games (possibly even games from other genres). The AI is going to be extremely advanced, not to mention the graphics look sweet. If you have no idea what it is, go to ign and look it up, it's worth your time to.

Whats your favorite genre? My happens to be first person shooters. I just love the idea of playing on teams to kill each other. Seems so much fun! It's like being in the military without any risks. My old favorite genre was just any action games.  :)

188564[/snapback]

I like fast paced games that get my adrenaline runnin, Battlefield 2 ect. I also like MMORPG's like world of warcraft and lineage 2 were i can sit back and relax. So for me im always on the move, ;) just cant get enough of gaming. But for me, gamin is life, well almost life lol.