xisto Community
alive

Life Changing Experiences Experiences which changed your thinking life

Well, Here it is, a chance to tell us all about any experiences that play a roll in your day. Something that has changed your life or the way you think about things? It could be something bad, or a life changing accident or even something completely amazing like climbing a mountain or walking the desert. You can boast if you want... (lol)My experience of a life time... huuumm, let me think...The day that changed my life was when I was about, em... I think it must have been about 9 when I went to my grandad's funeral. I was pretty emotional but I couldn't cry, it was as simple as that. I can remember bits of it, like the vicor and the church we were in, but the point I keep on remembering is the moment when I was driving back in our car with my family. It was completely silent and there was me looking out of the window just staring. We were leaving Ellesemere Port by Southport/Liverpool (UK). I remember seeing an empty road optosite. I cant remember how it happened, or what exactly it was that did happen, but this was the moment that I found God. Before that day I wasn't perticulary bothered... I couldn't care aless to be honest, but something changed, and this is the first time I can remember actually praying to the Lord on my own free will. I'm not a commited Christian now, but I do have a strong sense of belief and trust in the Lord, and that was the day, the day that I found my belief in God. The amazing thing was that after that moment I could express my emotions, even though I was pretty young I can still remember that being the day that I started my belief in something else being out there. Let me just also add to the records: I am incredibly glad that I found the Lord aswell because I have been through some tough times, I've pushed myself alot and I think I have to say a massive 'thankyou' to the dude above. Well - that was mine, what about yours? Thanks For Your Time, Sean Webber (alive)

Let me thank you for starting such wonderful topics.I was a bit ignorant about God all the time. I used to see my parents praying, and as usual, I learnt to do it too. It was simply copying.. :D However, my dad had always been a darn strict person. Never, allowed me much to sit in front of computers, play etc. All he used to say was.. 'study.. study..study.. ". It was like a kid was born to study. Anyway, whenever I looked at him, I used to get a feeling that he does not like me, but he does love me.Things were very tough for me. I started earning (not professionally) by the age of 14. My dad always coaxed me about all the things he has done for me. He used to point out each and everything he ever purchased for me, as if it was one huge favor. Things like these hurt me a lot. When you have kids, its your part of the responsiblity to fulfil his needs to the best you can. If you give someone a gift, and keep on reminding that person about it and say things about the money you invested for purchasing that gift, that person will never consider it a gift. However, by the age of 18, I realised, All things happen for Good. I had got admission in engineering (computer branch) and was sitting down thinking about everything that I have gone through in my life. I realised, if It wasn't for my dad, I would had never had that fighting spirit in my life to be independent. It was for him, I struggled and started working. By age of 16, I used to work in Computer stores and had the job of fixing computers. Because of that job, I learnt how evil the world was, how mean people are and how it works. I learnt how to sit, talk and behave in front of people. And the main thing that works here is, Showoff. No matter what you are and what you have, people only see how you present yourself. A person with good attitude and confidence with least knowledge can kiss heights of success. It was this time, I started having faith in God. Now, when I pray, I pray by heart. Not, just to say something for the heck of it. Things happen for Good because God is with you all the time. I was once going out with my friend on his bike, this guy was riding like a maniac. Just 4-5 miles away from our house, I lost the bag (with $152) on our way and we had to return back. I was blamed for the bag and I had to pay that. Anyway, it was then I had this feeling that, may be this did happen for Good. Who knows, if nothing would had happened, and we could had met with a accident later.. No one knows what is going to happen next. This world is too complicated for us to understand. From thousands of years, in every religion and race, all mentioned about many things, but still a majority of it remains common in all. This definately cannot be coincidence.I have always learnt from my past. I see things that happened to me, and try my best to learn from my mistakes. Believe me, you will also realise, whatever happens, always happens for the sake of Good. With every failure, there are 10 new gates of opportunity that open for you. Its now upto you, that you chose them or not. Also, I would like to add, Please do the things that interest you. If you like designing but you get a programmers job, even though you will be paid 10 times higher, you will never have the job satisfaction. Job satisfaction is the primary thing that one should keep in mind. If you like your job, you will do well, your results will be good, and you will shine among your competitors. And no doubt, you will have success following you. It doesnt matter how much you are paid.These are just my opinions, which I learnt from my life. and Thanks again for starting this topic. :ph34r:

thats the funny thing about parents they don't like you but they love you enough to care when you screw up, but i would have to say my real life experiance would have to be when a new day thats waiting for me cuz you don't know whats going to happen, but right now i have to this surgery i had is my biggest change since now i have to take better care of myself now.

Hey, OpaQue I think that that was a fenominal post. I often think about what things like this: what happens if we know that all the pain and suffereing in our lifes will turn out fine, what if we knew that all the pain and suffering that our loved ones go through, what if there going through it to help them reach a destination? When bad things happen, I know it's frustrating, but I have learnt that although I am only 14, I have a new perspective on things. If something bad happens I dont say 'why did it have to happen to me' I will just take it with a sturdy expression and say to myself... ' well- its for a reason, usually one that I have provoked wether it's intentional or not, so what have I learned from it?' and it really does help. Thanks for the compliment and I want to thankyou for such an in-depth answer... It was what I was hoping for. A wonderful post OpaQue... Thanks for your time, Sean Webber (alive).

Days that change my life, hmm, that is a tricky one, because I don't think, there is a single day that changed my life, or drastically altered my life path. Having said that, I have been through a lot of change. Met people through random acts of friendlieness and lost friends through random acts of agressiveness.For me, live moves in calm ways, I take things as they come, but I take the opportunities. I ended up doing a masters degree in a different country (Schottland) just because a professor offered me the place, after I enroled into a course, I should not have been eligible to join, doing an exchange pogramme with from a University I did not attend. But, you see I can only see positive things about the lack of excitement. Not that I don;t enjoy adrenalin, but I think it is overrated. I rather sit back work and let things happen and trust, that they will turn out for the best.Having said all that, if I had taken another view, it would probably be that each one of my days is a miracle, that I am not dead (yet - although it will happen sooner or later), that I am being loved, that I can love, that I am healty, that I have a job, that I can walk, talk, write. It is these little things on a daily basis that make life special.So, no life changing experience at all, and a life full of life changing and affiming experiences. It is the perspective we take.

Well, I offten say to myself: "from this day, I'm going to be (or do) something else". That simply does not happen. So I tought a bit about it, and came to conclusion, that it is much better to improve every day a bit (as much as you can actually) but make a long term comitment to yourself, and work on it! This technique works much better then looking for instant cure. And no thing happend to me that changed my life. There was that ugly war in my country, and it did affect me somehow, but I was young back then, and I dont see anything that it did to me as a person. I'm still doing what I want and need in life!

Hey, Well, I'm only 14 and to be honest, I have a very 'exciting' life and so I have alot happening in my life, but one accasion, it may not be the most dramatically changing event of my life, but it was one that I didn't think anything of until a short while ago. I always used to just play football at brake and lunch (like u do.. lol) but the people I played it with were, and I hate to say this, but they were very shallow people, and I wasn't satisfied that they were friends, at the time ofcourse I was, but now I think of it, they we were all just shallow people. One day I went to another group of people, a group that another one of my mates had starting hanging around with, and that's when I met the best selection of my friens I have EVER met in my life. They are loyal and dedicated and I can trust them with my life and also visa-versa. I can't exspress my gratitude enough towards them, and I can't explain how amazing they all are, it's not just a case of friends in school and choosing your 'best friends' like kids do, it's real, it's deeper than that. I have found myself through my friends and their company. We can discuss the most deep subjects with ease and I trust them soo much it is un-describe able. I can only thank them and return the favor for them... They have supported me through all my martial arts and have never douted a word I have said to them. They have made my life complete... It goes to show, that it's not always dramatic events that change your life, it took time meeting these people and building such a wonderful relationship with them all, but I feel that if I hadn't met these people then my life would be a COMPLETELY different story, 100% different, and for this I can only thankthem. Thanks Guys... Thanks for your time, Achieve.

I was a bit ignorant about God all the time. I used to see my parents praying, and as usual, I learnt to do it too. It was simply copying.. :D  However, my dad had always been a darn strict person. Never, allowed me much to sit in front of computers, play etc. All he used to say was.. 'study.. study..study.. ". It was like a kid was born to study. Anyway, whenever I looked at him, I used to get a feeling that he does not like me, but he does love me.

Things were very tough for me. I started earning (not professionally) by the age of 14. My dad always coaxed me about all the things he has done for me. He used to point out each and everything he ever purchased for me, as if it was one huge favor. Things like these hurt me a lot. When you have kids, its your part of the responsiblity to fulfil his needs to the best you can. If you give someone a gift, and keep on reminding that person about it and say things about the money you invested for purchasing that gift, that person will never consider it a gift.

However, by the age of 18, I realised, All things happen for Good. I had got admission in engineering (computer branch) and was sitting down thinking about everything that I have gone through in my life. I realised, if It wasn't for my dad, I would had never had that fighting spirit in my life to be independent. It was for him, I struggled and started working. By age of 16, I used to work in Computer stores and had the job of fixing computers. Because of that job, I learnt how evil the world was, how mean people are and how it works. I learnt how to sit, talk and behave in front of people. And the main thing that works here is, Showoff. No matter what you are and what you have, people only see how you present yourself. A person with good attitude and confidence with least knowledge can kiss heights of success. It was this time, I started having faith in God. Now, when I pray, I pray by heart. Not, just to say something for the heck of it.

Things happen for Good because God is with you all the time. I was once going out with my friend on his bike, this guy was riding like a maniac. Just 4-5 miles away from our house, I lost the bag (with $152) on our way and we had to return back. I was blamed for the bag and I had to pay that. Anyway, it was then I had this feeling that, may be this did happen for Good. Who knows, if nothing would had happened, and we could had met with a accident later.. No one knows what is going to happen next. This world is too complicated for us to understand. From thousands of years, in every religion and race, all mentioned about many things, but still a majority of it remains common in all. This definately cannot be coincidence.

I have always learnt from my past. I see things that happened to me, and try my best to learn from my mistakes. Believe me, you will also realise, whatever happens, always happens for the sake of Good.  With every failure, there are 10 new gates of opportunity that open for you. Its now upto you, that you chose them or not. Also, I would like to add, Please do the things that interest you. If you like designing but you get a programmers job, even though you will be paid 10 times higher, you will never have the job satisfaction. Job satisfaction is the primary thing that one should keep in mind. If you like your job, you will do well, your results will be good, and you will shine among your competitors. And no doubt, you will have success following you. It doesnt matter how much you are paid.

These are just my opinions, which I learnt from my life. and Thanks again for starting this topic. :ph34r:

188395[/snapback]

Hey you are just amazing you know....

you story is just like mine, my dad is just out of the world and i know i say i hate him but i know that he does these things for me and he cares for me you get me but the things is i wanna feel loved but i dont get that so it upsets me and i end up crying about it..(jus thought i should say dat)

i got very fond of God when he got me through a very very rough time.. i felt like everyone had turned against me and i had noone buti didnt he was there for me and he sort of gave me a verse to read in the bible and i sing this song every time i think of him..

i just think that he is amazing, and just totally just just all i know is that he is everything to me

OpaQue:That is great. You post was encouraging. I too, would like to thank you alive, for the great post! I have a few life changing experiences. Some would bore you to tears. Here is one.The day I was baptized. It was wonderful. Never have I had such a wonderful experience. I had wanted to be baptized, but didn't like the thought of being up in front of every one. So I held off. A year ago, our church had a special program over sattelite. One of the topics discussed was baptism. I felt a weight on my shoulders and knew I shouldn 't hold off any longer. But I wanted to be sure. So I askes God and said, "If it is your will that I be baptized, have the Pastor ask me if I wanted to". To my horror, the next day, he asked me. I said no, I was still to proud and afraid. I wasn't convinced and insisted that I had to be asked another time. The next time I saw him, he asked me again. Wanting to know if I was sure. I asked God again, to be asked one more time by the pastor. It happened. It was no coincidence. God had a plan. It was life changing. I was baptized, and it was the best decision I ever made. I now know that no matter where you are, God still has a plan for you. Even if you feel like nothing, there is still a plan out there. And it was life changing in a way I will never forget! Thanks again for the new post alive.

Life changing events? They've happened twice. I've made two huge moves, "country-hopping" from one place to another. I never really appreciated moving because I didn't think any of this would be good for me but now I realised that each move made me a stronger person. I've learnt to adapt and I'm used to being the new kid going to new schools, learning new cultures (because of the different countries) and languages. It might be horrible at first because you keep losing your friends but I guess that would have happened eventually... If I can move forward with a smile on my face - then that's all that matters to me. :(

Life changing experiences happen every day of ones life. Everything you do or say shapes what happens the next moment. They can be so BIG you notice them when they happen and are thankful. Or they can be so small you don't notice them until you reflect on them after you experience the outcome. You are who you are because of where you were when. Life is an ever-changing experience.

Thanks for the sharing, OpaQue :)

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

my biggest life changing experience was to say the truth when i broke up with the biggest love of my life. Not much because of her, but because i felt really alone and that made me think about a subject that was in my mind for a year. it really changed my perspective around...it made me think about life itself and my view of it... it really changed me... and i have to say it was pretty scary. i thought i would die in the process but i didn't (but it was close) it was like a life battle against your greatest fear and challenge... and i won :)After that i passed many changes, many interesting experiences and i changed to a degree but never i transform as much as in that experience...it's not very clear my account if it... but it's as should be because every life experience is personal above all and what is personal it's very hard to make others understand isn't it?cheers

I would have to say the most life changing experience for me was marrying my husband.When we were dating I told him everything that happened in my life and he completly understood. Most of the previous guys I dated never really cared. I was 19 when I got married and I don't regret one minute of it. My husband feels like he took my fun away from me and I always remind him that if I didn't want to marry him I wouldn't have.He loves me for me and not just for my outter appereance or other things.A lot of bad things have happened to me and I am so glad that I have found a man who can help me deal with these things. Love is the greatest power anyone can have. :)

Edited by sexymama1723 (see edit history)

I'm sorry to hear these stories about all the people converting to Christianity :D anyways, if you're happy with it... :DI've got two and a half incidents which shaped me a lot, I'm only going to share the first one right now (yep, I've got to catch a train...):The first thing which influenced me to change my way of living was about 7 years ago [remember this when you think about it: I've been 13 back then]. The local lifeguarding organization had kind of a summer camp [ok, a weekend...] for the young members but at the same time, "they" should have been lifeguarding at the local lake.I've been in this organization for 4 years at that time and when one of the older guys asked me if I would like to join them doing the actual lifeguarding, I was kind of proud - I knew that I am able to pull some person through water and I knew that I've been prepared for any possible emergency as good as is possible for a 13 year-old, so it probably wouldn't become too hard.When the three [the absolute minimum which we may be to get the green flag out; 5 is a good number] of us got to the lake at 10AM, there weren't too many swimmers out there - but later that day, lots of people came for swimming.At about a quarter to 6PM, we began to collect our stuff to get back to the camp [the papers say that we should not leave before 6PM and stay longer, if necessary, but we had to get back to the camp...]. We were just about ready to get going when a man around 30 approached us and asked whether we had noticed that "someone's looking for his son down there" with 'down there' being a very crowded place on the shore. Actually we did not, so one of us went down to check what was going on - when she came back, she told us to get ready for some swimming, that guy was really looking for his son and the last time he was to be seen it was without these swimming aids for children and in the water.Since I've been the youngest, I was told to stay back at our station and wait for anything to happen and about 3 minutes later, something actually began to happen: People began to build a huge mass --all the people about 25 meters down the shore in each direction gathered around one point-- and one guy came running my direction.I expected the worst to have happened, grabbed the phone and the first aid-bag and started moving towards the shore.You might guess it - they found that boy, he's been under water for about 30 minutes, the helicopter came and everything ... and in all this mess, some children came to the station and asked if I could give them a plaster - and I've actually been able to find one for them even though I've been in the station for the first time on that day :DIn these few minutes, I have learned that one of the most important things to do is to stay calm whatever happens (I did not back then. I nearly messed up the emergency call, I don't want to know what would have happened if that man didn't grab the phone out of my hand while I was trying o explain to that guy on the other side of the line what had happened...) and I'm not taking life for granted since ... well, it didn't happen exactly then but a few hours later when I've been sitting somewhere in the forest talking to a girl who was supposed to take care of her 7 siblings - and one of her sisters strangled one of her brothers when they were playing "zoo" while she was busy with the others on the other side of the house...