xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Battle Of The Controllers

Here are my favorites controllers in order (in this generation's systems).Ps2XboxGamecubeXbox controllers are the most comfortable, but I like the configuration on the ps2 controllers. I used to like the gamecube controllers but... There only ok, not bad, but not better than the others.-----Why Xbox controller is second and not 1st.--The "A" and "B" buttons are switched (hard to get used to at 1st).--The "X" and "Y" buttons are switched (hard to get used to at 1st).--"Start" and "Back" (I like "Select" better) are under the left analog stick... I hate that, it makes it too hard to pause in the middle of action such as in a fighting game, holding back on the analog to block so you can reach and to pause is a little tough to do.--"Black" and "White" are too low, I'd rather an "L2" or "R2" button. lol, everytime I go to hit black or white my hand doesn't go low enough and I always hit A or B instead. Got to get better at that...--I don't really like the main left pad to be an analog stick, I like the D-Pad under my left thumb instead, and use an analog as a back up, I was always like that, ever since the 1st Nintendo. Rather that D-Pad than those arcade analog sticks.Otherwise I like the comfortability and the smoothness of the L and R buttons on the Xbox better than the others.

Here are my favorites controllers in order (in this generation's systems).

Ps2

Xbox

Gamecube

Xbox controllers are the most comfortable, but I like the configuration on the ps2 controllers. I used to like the gamecube controllers but... There only ok, not bad, but not better than the others.

-----Why Xbox controller is second and not 1st.

--The "A" and "B" buttons are switched (hard to get used to at 1st).

--The "X" and "Y" buttons are switched (hard to get used to at 1st).

--"Start" and "Back" (I like "Select" better) are under the left analog stick... I hate that, it makes it too hard to pause in the middle of action such as in a fighting game, holding back on the analog to block so you can reach and to pause is a little tough to do.

--"Black" and "White" are too low, I'd rather an "L2" or "R2" button. lol, everytime I go to hit black or white my hand doesn't go low enough and I always hit A or B instead.  Got to get better at that...

--I don't really like the main left pad to be an analog stick, I like the D-Pad under my left thumb instead, and use an analog as a back up, I was always like that, ever since the 1st Nintendo. Rather that D-Pad than those arcade analog sticks.

Otherwise I like the comfortability and the smoothness of the L and R buttons on the Xbox better than the others.

188358[/snapback]

Yea me too. The PS2 controller is the most comfortable one availble. The Xbox one is pretty good too, but i dont where the white and black buttons are located, since your hand just covers it. Gamecube controllers were meant to be to be simple, but the layout is just too crazy for me. Although it feels nice and comfortable when in your hands. I think the Dual Shock Controller is the best ever, and I don't understand why Ken Kutergari is changing it into a baratang. :ph34r:

I used to love the Sega Saturn controller. I still think that it was the best controller ever made. My hand would sink in it, and the buttons were soft. Ive never really liked the xbox controller, since the first time I saw it, I felt like the controller had been made in a flea market because the buttons remind me of some calculator I would use to see, that had some little gems or something like that on it. I also hate it because when I played Tony Hawk on it I would rail and then immediately fall of because I would accidently hit another button. I used to have it on gamecube and it was awesome, I could rail really easy and I think that the gamecubes thumbstick is the best on this generation of game consoles. At last but not least, the Playstation. Ive never really liked this controller since the first playstation. I dont like the buttons, I dont like the joystick that much because its round and whenever I play a 3d person game It would be hard to walk straight. I also dont like there being 2 top left and 2 top right buttons. They make me feel unconfortable when I use all the buttons, and my hands get sore in a while.

My favorite has to be the dual shock. Its design is simple and intuitive, and I've always thought that it fits very well. I found the xbox controller to be a lot bigger that I prefer in a controller.I even grabbed myself an adaptor to connect up to 4 dual shocks via usb, it rocks.

Has everyone seen the new controllers? You probably have, but this new nintendo controller is going to be awesome!!! Check it all out for yourselves and comeback to this topic and write what you think. It has everything other controllers have and much much more. If you want a normal controller, then you can get shells to do that, and controllers to jack into that port on the remote. You can use it as a gun and much more, love it I do.

Meh, I always have, and will always like PS2 controllers best.Xbox controllers, I hate, hate hate hate hate HATE, IMO they just suck, too big and annoying.And I have yet to ever use a GC controller, but they don't look that bad.

I would have to agree PS2 is right in the middle not to big and not to small its just right. But now with the new controllers design for PS3 it might losea couple of spots, but after seeing the acient controller for the new nintendo system i dunno who was smoking what when they designed them but eew.