xisto Community
adriantc

Os Bug Or Something Else? Thank you once again Bill,

I just upgraded my computer to 64b with an AMD 64 3000+. Since I there aren't any drivers for my pr4inter (a Lexmark) or for my TV Tuner on the 64b Windows Xp I have choosen to isatll the 32b version. Everthing is great except for one thing which is becoming more and more anoying as the days pass.Let's say I download a file from the internet. I don't how it happenes or why it happenes but more then 80% of my download get corrupted somehow. For exampole I have to download the same file 5 times for one to work. First I thought it was my download manager (the one integreted in Firefox) so I said lets try IE. Same thing... Can anyone please help me out here...Thanks,

Notice from KuBi:
Inapropriate title "Wtf". Changed. Warning Issued.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

reinstall your pc i recomended use 32 bit . i confuse about your problem because this is 64 bit . i never meet it before.(actually i never use 64 bit before).

After a log search on the internet and a lot more annoyment I finaly realised what the problem was: nVIDIA Active Armour. The "great" hardware firewall makes his job even better then expected :D and not only stops hackers, spyware and unwanted stuff but it even stops a lot of packages. This really becomes a problem when you download stuff since it makes any file downloaded corrupted. Thanks nVIDIA for you great marketing solution! :D

"Thank you once again Bill"I kind of laughed at that, but back on topic... as everyone else has been saying, the 32 bit should work. Elsewise, post a little more info on exactly what the problem is.