xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
romy

How You Handle Awp? help... some tips to better AWP handle

Question tells all!how god u handle awp?please write some tips....When i shoot i press two times q and i have awp reloaded for next shot in 0.5 sec.please write down some your tips to better AWP skill.Have a nice day!!!

Well i would say i am above the average with the awp... More of the kills come closer ranges so if you do you awp you should "quickscope". Heh if you do not know what that means, what you do is you can run with a pistol for running faster unless you dont care then you just run with the awp. To quickscope, click both mouse buttons at once and then it will give you a little cross for the awp and you can shoot the awo like a bazooka :DAlso there is something called a dragshot lol and when i was told what it was it was pretty neat :ph34r:. But i cant remember how exactly to do it.

*darn*, those language barriers are killing me, but I will try to explaine it somehow to u :P

It also depends on CS version u are playing, cuz I don't play CS Source and maybe there are some other tricks for shooting with AWP...

If we are talking about 1.5 and 1.6... It is good to change weapons ( pistol/knife / awp ) after shoot, cuz u will reload it faster and will move faster... so if u are hiding behind some wall/door/box, u will move faster behind it if u miss...

I don't know gaming names for those tricks and moves on english, but anyway, I will try to give some help :P Someone before me said something about aiming, but if u are really bad with AWP, this is the most important advice for better aiming with AWP :

When u zoomed, don't try to look for him with croshair when he is strafing or staying... It will take too much time to u and u will be dead untill u "find" him with ur crosshair. Just zoom, somewhere in his direction, u will probably not set croshair on him from first zoom... it will be somewhere left or right of him... If u zoomed a little left of him, just pull ur mouse on right and in that moment shoot... U will be amazed by ur shot... It is one of biggest misteries in CS and honestly, for those 3 years of playing, I still don't understand why that bullet goes on him... U will probably not do it from first time, but with few days of practicing u will notice how it works and what I am trying to say...

One more tip:

Let's say u are on aztec and u are on the bridge... On the other side is ur enemy who's waiting u to come out and shoot. Now, u have AWP in ur hand and u are behind wall and trying to come out as fastest u can, but, u are having AWP in ur hands and u are moving very slow... Try this : U are staying behind wall and u need to go, let's say left side, just start going left and when u are about to come out, press duck and u will do it much faster and it will have an effect of some short jump, but u will be on ground and will be able to shoot...

I hope, I helped u somehow, if u didn't understand what I am saying, post again what u didn't get and I will try to explain as much as my english knowledge allows me :D

As an experienced player (5 years playing cs), and in leagues from cal o to cal p, I can give you a brief lessons on how to use an awp in different situations. The there major techniques of using awp are:1. Drag shots2. No scoping3. Regular aiming4. Quick scopingDrag shot is the hardest technique in using awp, it requires very good reflexes, speed and skill (experience). Here is an example how you make: your enemy comes out of the corner or just walks in from double doors, but yur aim is not on the spot he came out from. So, you cant really noscope him or take time to aim, because if he's good enought he will kill you first. So what you do, is you quickly move your scope across x-axis only (make sure you always walk with an awp and hold it on a player level) and when the scope is in the target area you shoot. But... you must be good enought to be able to hit the person, not just shoot near. 2. No scoping technique is pretty easy as you get used to it. You basically press right and left mouse buttons at the same time and aim in the enemy. But... the only difference is that you dont open the scope fully, as you do in quick scope, but you just click so fast, that it does not open but gives you precision while shooting.Thats basically it, the other two I don't think I have to explain because their names tell you whats going on. malish

Sorry for this awkward bump to the thread, but a way to cheat is to use a marker to mark the crosshair on your screen, and since awp is one-hit-kill, you can use it as your primary gun and run around with it. (since you can't see the crosshairs normally with awp).

lol, I buy awp because I hide on bridges, behind boxes, and on roofs, and basically camp, and it's really useful when you're a terrorist guarding hostages :P:):P

Ive got the perfect solution for your awp problem. Here it is " Don't use awp! It's *happy*! " lol , i hate awp, people always campin and just waiting for you with an awp.... Sickening I tell you! :/

This is more like a tutorial that i wrote ages ago and saved on my laptop

1) First of all you need to get a few simple changes done to your config.cfg, such as getting a quick weapon switch aliase running rather than using the standard weapon change menu. This will greatly speed up the switch of AWP & your side arm. Why is this so important? Well you move faster using a side arm or knife in hand than carrying a fully loaded AWP rifle.

So fast switch between AWP & side arm for faster movement around maps & to get out of danger quicker. The use of fast weapon switch between AWP & your chosen side arm also greatly speeds up your zooming out. By switch weapons instead of zooming out you will save vital time and could mean the difference of life & death.

2) You need to get the feel for the aim this will only come about by playing more & more with the weapon in first Sniper deadicated servers then more into standard public servers. I rcommend the UK2Net Sniper servers to get started on as there is a good mix of skilled & non skilled players.

3) Scan quick & don't leave you scope zoomed too long! When I say this what I'm talking about is high speed and good quality scanning of the target zone. Don't hange about in full zoom & move around the map... You will be open to attack. To see other players it's better to remain zoomed out and only zoom when taking a shot or to scan an area. If you watch the pro's play they scan areas very fast & pin point precision not missing any possible hiding spot or window that another player maybe hiding in.

4) Be fast but hiden. The sniper is best when not seen but camping can be a bad move if you are in a bad position as one or two shots will give away your location to others. It's good to scan the map ahead but be quick about it, don't hange about or you will find the lights go out!

5) Aiming with the weapon is not a skill that only the elite can have. If you find you take shots but never hit or kill anything then I ask you one simple question. Did you move to get out of danger when you took the shot? The AWP & other sniper weapons will only ever hit if you remain still when the shot is taken. Never run behind a wall when taking the shot because although your crosshair may have been on the target the shot will almost always go completely off target.

The best thing to do is jump out fast and while in the air go full zoom & line-up with the zone you expect to see the enemy in. As you land go straight into ducking mode reposition your crosshair if needed and take the shot, then get out of sight/danger. If you find the player isn't in your zoomed field of vision then counter react or get back out of sign QUICK!!

6) Watch your back, When using AWP your use of sound is far greater. You must keep track of who is where all the time. Sound will give away the location of players and using AWP you will be far more open to attack and will need to covery your six o'clock position from knife attacks and like wise.

You also need to think about where you place yourself within the map. some objects can be shot through like boxs, corner of walls, class windows, doors and even some walls have areas where bullits from high power weapons can penetrate.

The super elite players equiped with full blown A3D Sound can track movement from any player on the map whether or not he/she can be seen. Taken some one out from behind a wall is a skill that comes from time & use of sound, sneaking around maybe slower but in some situlations it's the best means of staying alive.

I really dont understand this awp mess, the awp is a bad, sluggish, and cumbersome powernoob stick. a skilled masterful player can easily shred you with almsot any other gun *cough*scout+deagle+knife*cough* i really hate the way the awp feels, and practicing, you have a HIGHER potential skill with the scout. getting used to it is far more rewarding than an awp. a sneaky scouter is the ultimate offensive and defensive weapon, closing in on them will only earn you a knife or a swift deagle to the head. :)

for a quick kill

How You Handle Awp?

See I'm trying 2 ask that if I have an AWP and my enemy is having ak or m4a1 so what I should do that I can quickly kill him

Note:He is standing about 10-15 ft away

-uNd3rWoRlD * VaMp!r3

I have to say that small "tutorials" given by the senior CS players really are thorough. I was never good with the AWP and I guess I never really bothered to get better at it. I have watched people use it and it was just amazing how quick their reaction time was, and how well they could aim in a matter of seconds. These little tricks seem to help and I have seen a lot of people use them especially the quick scope. I think I might start practicing with the AWP. I know I probably wont be some 60-0 player with it at the beginning but all guns take practice I suppose.

Sorry for this awkward bump to the thread, but a way to cheat is to use a marker to mark the crosshair on your screen, and since awp is one-hit-kill, you can use it as your primary gun and run around with it. (since you can't see the crosshairs normally with awp).

Actually a lot of the time this isn't that great because while you may think it is a good idea, when you are moving the AWP becomes extremely inaccurate. If you were sitting still to aim with it, you should probably just scope. If he is too close then you should just go for the pistol in my opinion. But then again that is just me. I have seen some people do this, and even though it gives a small advantage it really isn't that reliable.