xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Earning Hosting Credits Is Easy! Dont be fooled by the naysayers.

I have seen many posts by people saying it is too hard to make enough posts to earn the credits necessary to keep your site running. Not so!I have just earned over 2 credits for just 1 post. With these 2 credits it means now that I am hosted I don't have to post for 2 days if I don't want to. Now you're probably thinking that I wrote a huge post that took ages to write, wrong! The post was only 222 words, (this includes words like "I", "the", "is", "of" and the like), only 18 lines and 5 small paragraphs. The post was in fact smaller in size than this one. I would probably earn another 2 hosting credits for this post too, except that posting in this particular forum does not earn credits.As suggested on the main forum page, it is best to keep your hosting credits above 10 in case for some reason you can't post for a few days. If you know you won't be able to post for a lengthy time, say you're going on vacation, build you credits up to cover you while you're away. That way your account won't be suspended while you're not able to post. Honestly, for level of services offered for free here, it's really not very hard to make at least 1 decent post every 2 days to keep it going. Once you become involved in the community, you'll be earning so many hosting credits that you'll wonder what all the fuss is about. :ph34r:

I agree to you Avalon in this case...it is all about making some good posts which have good and decent content in it...I have enough credits with me to keep my website up for more than 2 months....now keeping in mind that I've spend 40 credits for the activation of first plan and then 30 credits for the another plan and if you look at the number of posts i've made you'll find out that it is very easy to maintain the credits and the website.What my suggestion is for the one-liners is that...it's not about having more posts..it is about having posts which have good amount of usefull content. there are members who have almost equal no. of posts as I am having....they have been posting regularly as well but still their hosting credits are very very less...as explained by them only...so keep in mind...good quality posts having quality content will fetch you good credits.

Aahh!! Finally you guys understand... :ph34r: Umm... Looking at the no. of other members, I think its around 5xxx more members to go..

Well I think this post is helpful for not only members but where it is placed is also nice because it is placed in the guests section and this way the guests will be able to make a decision about wheather to join or not...now the question of not joining will become less after they'll read this post and will understand that being active in forums is not difficult and earning credits is much easier....I think this was the intention of Avalon..am i right?

i am new here at this forum and i am still trying to earn my credits. i hope that i will get soon the 10 credits . so i can start creating my website :ph34r: i think that the credit system is a very nice system. It's better than i have seen on some other websites.

I totally again with Avalon, I don't see how people think it's hard. I bet those people who whine about it being hard are the ones who hardly post, or the ones who spam.Some people need to know, credit are MUCH better than having to pay money. Posting/getting credits is a way of showing appreciation for the hosting, which the whiners need to do.

Why don't you offer us more method to earn this hosting credits. I saw on another free hosting site that they offered a google ad that you can put everywhere on one or all of your website pages and that way earn a lot of credits. I earned about 90 credits in only one week so it's really useful.This ad will be optional and everyone that wants to increase their hosting credits would put the ad code on their site.What do you think about this? I think it's a good idea and this way you'll earn your money too for the free hosting that you are offering.Best regards from here. :ph34r:

Well I think this post is helpful for not only members but where it is placed is also nice because it is placed in the guests section and this way the guests will be able to make a decision about wheather to join or not...now the question of not joining will become less after they'll read this post and will understand that being active in forums is not difficult and earning credits is much easier....I think this was the intention of Avalon..am i right?

187803[/snapback]

Yes, that is exactly why I posted in this forum, hopefully potential new users will see it and not be scared by the need to post.

Why don't you offer us more method to earn this hosting credits. I saw on another free hosting site that they offered a google ad that you can put everywhere on one or all of your website pages and that way earn a lot of credits. I earned about 90 credits in only one week so it's really useful. This ad will be optional and everyone that wants to increase their hosting credits would put the ad code on their site.

188052[/snapback]

I don't agree with this, I think Opaque wanted to make this a free hosting service that doesn't require you to put ads on your site. I know you said the ads would be an option, but if people start seeing ads on Xisto sites they might think it's a requirement.

More importantly, if people are able to replace the need to post with placing an ad on their site, the participation in the forums will decline dramatically. From what I understand, not only does OpaQue want to provide ad free hosting, he also wants to build a strong forum community, even if he rarely has the time to participate himself.

More importantly, if people are able to replace the need to post with placing an ad on their site, the participation in the forums will decline dramatically. From what I understand, not only does OpaQue want to provide ad free hosting, he also wants to build a strong forum community, even if he rarely has the time to participate himself.

188316[/snapback]

The more active/strong the forum community is, the faster it will grow (attractive/active topics). This in turn will bring more visitors to the forums, and increase forum ad views. I'm guessing, that unless your site has a lot of visitors (and doesn't quickly suck up your bandwidth) that ads on personal Xisto sites would generate very little revenue, and it is desirable to have a focus on forum activity.

Yes, its not hard to earn points here, although writing a longer text is not an easy task for foreign language speakers (like me).

Even so I can post enough to keep my site running.

PS: What do you think about my English level?

188468[/snapback]

From this post I doubt anyone could tell that English is not your first language. Yes, I'm sure it's more difficult for users where English is not their native language. But as you have pointed out, it's still possible to post enough to keep your site going. Hopefully reading and posting here will improve your knowledge of English and it will become easier. Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

From this post I doubt anyone could tell that English is not your first language. Yes, I'm sure it's more difficult for users where English is not their native language. But as you have pointed out, it's still possible to post enough to keep your site going. Hopefully reading and posting here will improve your knowledge of English and it will become easier.

188646[/snapback]

I?m a new comer whose native language isn?t English

i think

Although it is easy to understand the credit system, it?s fairly hard to get a single post for a new beginner in the area.

I don?t agree. It can be easy for people that don?t have too much things to do apart from going five or six hours to school. :huh: But if you work 8 hours a day (and often more) far away from your home and you run a website that you need to update regularly and his own forum that you need to check daily, you could find not so easy to maintain a high level of credits. And if your computer crash suddenly and you have hardly time to carry it anywhere to have it repaired, you?ll find it very difficult indeed. And if english is not your native language you?ll find it even more difficult. To be honest it?s very difficult for a "non-english-speaker" to be above 20 or 30 credits.I?m not critizising, if I?m here is because I think Xisto?s offer is the best that I know in free webhosting. But that doesn?t mean that being active at the forums is easy.