xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tonny

Best Software For Making Sig help me

i want to make a sig for my web site. i am making a site about rock music. which software is the best for making the sig?i need your advice. please help!!

Use Gimp..just like me...Free as air and gives almost same results as you get in Photoshop...all the sigs made by me till this time are all done in GIMP only. I know I know that they are not the best and it is not the fault of the GIMP its my fault that I dont know much about graphics designing and even dont know how to use GIMP perfectly.you can get it from https://www.gimp.org/

Well, your best bets are either Adobe Photoshop and/or Firewworks. Both have really top-notch effects. The GIMP is a solid open-source (read:free) graphics program that can do just about all the effects of the two programs I mentioned above.

I got photoshop, imageready and the gimp, and I like photoshop best out of them. They all have good and bad things tho... One of the bad things of Photoshop is that it needs to have imageready too create web stuff (altrough imageready is with the photoshop cs package) and that Macromedia Fireworks has both built into one...

I think Indeed Photoshop would be the best. Fireworks is also an option. I don't use it very much, but i think Photoshop is a good program. It's a little expensive though.....but if you want it, you have te get it illigal or pay for it.

gimp is messy and unorganized, as many free programs are. It's pallets and organizations is very different from that of ps or fw in my opinion... if u want to make good sigs or any graphics art, it'll have to be ps cs2 or corel's suite.

i think you must use photoshop or gimp if you want to achieve the best result, the difference bettween one and another is price, gimp is for free photoshop will cost you a good amount of dollars, not too much but i belive it is 500 bucks arround. And you'll need creativity too, and practice, i suggest you take a look at pixel2life.com, everybody begins here.good look, and whe you got the site, let me know, i'm a music lover!

I think the best software for any sig making or to edit pictures or sumtin like that is adobe Photoshop becuz it is the best for this type of stuff...and i always learn it and use it in skool, so i know everything and this software can do a lot.....i think this is the best one out there and this is wut i reccomend..

I think that the best is photoshop, because it has a lot of tutorials on the net. Fireworks is still good, but you wont find many tutorials for it. And Gimp can be as good as photoshop, there are more and more tutorials for it everyday, but the only bad thing I find with it is that it has an ugly interface. The best thing about it is that it is free. All of these programs are the best Ive heard and tried for graphic designing, sure they are good, but the result will always depend on you. No matter what graphic program you use, if you dont have creativity or the time to invest on it you will never be able to make anything good with them.Good Luck.! :ph34r:

Anyone try Paint Shop Pro? It's supposed to be pretty good as well.

188225[/snapback]

i have, but compared to photoshop, it really doesn't do well. i think gimp is photoshop, just organization and where the tools are is different.

yeah go with adobe you can make your website in a complete image and also they have a program to slice it up for you as well along with the coding.