xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Paypal Horror Stories PAYPAL SUCKS

i found this website about horror stories on the use of pay pal i gues sthese guys really do steal your money.

click for the truth

I'm glad i don't do a business with these people or i be broke from them stealign from me.

take some points off their credibility for offering their "PayPal Alternative" on every page...

[...]So, they take your money, and my 467 dollars, and put it all together in an account, or several accounts, with proper banks, and pocket the interest. You, and I, get nothing.

[...]

as of today (9-18-2005), PayPal's User Agreement states the following:

[...]If you do carry a U.S. Dollar balance in your PayPal account and do not enroll in the PayPal Money Market Fund, PayPal will pool your funds together with funds from other Users, and will place those funds in accounts at one or more non-interest bearing FDIC-insured banks ("Pooled Accounts").
[...]

I don't know about the PayPal Money Market Fund but it sounds like an additional, optional service and if I got it right, the bank where they put the money does not pay interest to PayPal...

...anyways, this website sounds like people actually trust eBay and PayPal ... don't they ever learn that pretty much every large company's goal is to earn money, in one way or another?

well i doubt you make $20,000 in one day either, but from the stories i read and how easy it is to hack into paypal account i wouldn't put fake info in just to get a account.

i found this website about horror stories on the use of pay pal i gues sthese guys really do steal your money.

click for the truth

I'm glad i don't do a business with these people or i be broke from them stealign from me.

187240[/snapback]

1. There is confusion between paypa.com and paypal.org. The second one is a fake and I expect that it is scam.

2. The idea of paypal.com is to protect you and avoid sending your credit card information every time you pay.

3. Establishing the accouint takes long test if you want to deal with more than few hundreds.

4. As the case with cerb, I've used Paypal for years and have never had trouble.

5. we need to cooperate to exchange the information for sake all of us. To do that we have to give clear facts and real experience to find explanation or declare the problem . Saint_Michael has jumped to conclusions as " stealign from me" but in fact He has no real experience with them . Also in later post he said "" how easy it is to hack into paypal account"

6. brainless answered another thread "aboutpaypal.org" and expect that all of us has visted that thread[i will visit it later]. Also this added confustion since he didn't realise or mention that paypal.org is a fake of paypal.com without mentioning that. I took some effort to discover that.

7. In general the service are free . But your balance could be used for their benefit as the current accounts in banks where they not give you interest. Your job is to not leave big account there and transfrer the big amounts to your linked bank.

8. Sometimes PayPal protect you from scam dislike the case of the transfer of western union . If some people complained against a scam, PayPal freeze that account. That why some people alleged that they stole there money.

9. Scams dislike paypal because dislike because paypal have the real information about the memers [their names, addresses, creditcard, banks] and not as western union scams use fake names and addresses. Many times I sugested I pay by paypal instead of their request of paying by western union. If they refuse then they are scam.

10. eBay bought PayPal i.e eBay is the father company to payPal that why the two names be found in many of their sites.

11. Sometines we receive Fraudulent Emails asking reinformation about your details [Paypal never to do that]. The fraudulent emails pretends to be from a well-known company, such as citibank or PayPal in an attempt to get personal information from you. They send these spoof emails hope to use your information - such as credit and debit card numbers or account passwords - to commit identity theft. Sometimes in these email they asked to click on link which in fact fake or bring to you virus or worm. Few days ago, I have received a faked email from so called "Support PayPal" with heads "PayPal Security Departmen conformation code Å¡239-FUH ".

Dear PayPal Member,

It has come to our attention that your PayPal Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information.

Failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records within 24 hours. Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems.

You must click the link below and enter your login information on the following page to confirm your Billing Information records.

Click here to activate your account which is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/[don't use it]

or

You can also confirm your Billing Information by logging into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/home. which i http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It is fake because paypal.com never ask these requests or not address me in my names and surname. I have reported that email as spam.

I think with any online payment system, I'd check it with a fine-tooth comb to see if it is legit before I would put any personal and/or credit card information. I know I used to do some online ordering a few years ago, but I don't do it at all these days.

I don't have anything to add/say about the other points you've mentioned (yet? I'm not that much into PayPal anyways...) except for the points 1 and 6:

1. There is confusion between paypa[l].com [i've added an l in paypal.com since the original URL looked like it had a typo in it] and paypal.org. The second one is a fake and I expect that it is scam.

[...]

I haven't been on paypal.org yet and my connection attempt to paypal.org just timed out. If paypal.org exists (as I said, I can't connect to it but that happens to me on other valid URLs as well) and does not redirect to paypal.com it probably is scam.

I don't think anyone paying only the slightest attention will mix up paypal.com and aboutpaypal.org since there is no positive information about PayPal to be found on aboutpaypal.org -- yet the information given on aboutpaypal.org still has to be handled with care, you can have another look at my reason for this in the first line of my first post here...

[...]

6. brainless answered another thread "aboutpaypal.org" and expect that all of us has visted that thread[i will visit it later]. Also this added confustion since he didn't realise or mention that paypal.org is a fake of paypal.com without mentioning that. I took some effort to discover that.

[...]

I believe I rightfully expect you all to have visited aboutpapypal.org since Michael referred to it in the opening post of this thread,

and there is probably a difference between paypal.org and aboutpaypal.org since those are very different URLs (but due to technical problems I couldn't have a look at paypal.org yet)

I believe I rightfully expect you all to have visited aboutpapypal.org since Michael referred to it in the opening post of this thread,

and there is probably a difference between paypal.org and aboutpaypal.org since those are very different URLs (but due to technical problems I couldn't have a look at paypal.org yet)

187456[/snapback]

1. Sorry I realised that I have visited aboutpaypal.org before my first posting when I clicked on on the link was given by Saint Michael. In fact there is no Paypal.org.

2. When brainless mentioned in his first post in this thread and I quote from him:

"take some points off their credibility for offering their "PayPal Alternative" on every page...Saint micheal refered "

and since the pages of paypal has not this character i.e. offering their "PayPal Alternative" on every page therefore I have realised that the discussion is about something different to PayPal that I know. So I clicked on the link given by Saint Michael and found aboutPayPal.orgl. When I click on the link "for the truth" So I thought that aboutpaypal.org nentioned by brainless is another thread in the forum and what I have already visited under paypal,org [i think was redirection which I didn't notice].

3. To be fair and in safe side all of us have to say his/her experience and not relies on stories from sites who are fighting paypal for their agenda. I know that many times paypal has frozen accounts to recover the loss of people paid to somes after legal battles. That mean they helped but they don't take money for themselves or before court or invistigation authorities have decided.

4. This remind me that many safelists are opposing to give them yahoo email for subscription even though yahoo is the best free email. That because yahh is fighting spam and the adnminstrations of these safelist don't like that.

I have used paypal for almost a year now. I get many emails regarding information change, password change this and that.. however, REAL PAYPAL EMAILS have your name. While the fake ones dont. So, its easy. Don't answer them and forward them to spoof@paypal.comthanks.

Oh my god. I just tried using PayPal for the first time last night. LOL What a funny coinsidence. Right now I'm in the process of purchasing a server for rent, but it wouldn't accept my number. I'll try again later, regardless of this story. :ph34r:

Paypal is dangerous!

Paypal Horror Stories

I would have to say that Paypal is totally dangerous. I would use a paypal alternative at all costs because it is a safer thing to do. I mean, I don't want my money held or stolen with no reason. That's exactly what Paypal will do.

-reply by Harry Smith

click for the truth

:/ there is a paypal ad under your post. *Irony*

Dear friends we cant say that paypal totally have problems and only problems as it is a very famous financial site so it will not stake its reputation as such. But one of my friends was having bitter experience with paypal and he narrated the same to me. And due to which only till now I have also not having an account with them.

I guess it really depends on your luck. I have not had any troubles with paypal but I know a friend who got limited for no reason. I'm still cautious with my money as it could get frozen at any moment. This is why I prefer AlertPay for more things (even though most sites don't pay via Alertpay). since it has a lesser risk of getting your account confiscated.

I have used paypal for almost a year now. I get many emails regarding information change, password change this and that.. however, REAL PAYPAL EMAILS have your name. While the fake ones dont. So, its easy. Don't answer them and forward them to spoof@paypal.com
thanks.

On Google Mail, I have a Google Labs addon that puts a golden key icon next to any mail that is from Paypal or eBay so you can easily find out which emails are fake and which emails are real. I have actually received some fake paypal emails before and disposed of them.