xisto Community
jae-unit

Nintendo Revolution Nintendo Revolution

:P Have you guys seen the Revolution!?!?! Its crazy. I think Nintendo's actually serious about next generation. The systems before the Rev. were all plasticy and looked really cheap. But i think i will pick one up when it launchs and the game of my choice is SUPER SMASH BROS. !!!! I heard that games gonna online. Check out the pic

Click here to see the image

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited IMG link as URL link. Please make sure that image width is no larger than 690 to fit the forum layout. Thank you.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

could you refrain from posting in another langauge or at least have it translated so everyone else can read it.But on topic now, nintendo is about to have a problem and it starts with that handheld device, they are going ot end up like dream cast after sales bomb with it, hopefully they have a better set of controllers to go with it.

Meh, I still have yet to ever buy..hell PLAY, a gamecube, and the only reason I'd ever want to is SSBM and the Metroid games.So chances are I won't be getting a Rev, but I have been paying attention, and it looks interesting. Key word, interesting, the "controllers"...well..the whole idea of them turning around like a remote for shooters and stuff, is cool, but I still think they suck. But of course, they'll be an adaptor for GC controllers, so oh well.

The control looks pretty crappy. Thats just my opinion, I like just regular controllers where they arn't two parts. One problem that people might have is that the middle cord might be easy to break if you accidently step on it or something like that.btw, what system is this called? and where did you find the image/information?thanks, xJedix

The control looks pretty crappy.  Thats just my opinion, I like just regular controllers where they arn't two parts.  One problem that people might have is that the middle cord might be easy to break if you accidently step on it or something like that.

btw, what system is this called?  and where did you find the image/information?

thanks, xJedix

187350[/snapback]

Its called Nintendo Revolution for good reason. Its here to change gaming(or at least set it in a new direction). The controller cant break because theats two pieces connected by a wire that can be removed. The remote like looking part on the right is the main control and can have many many expansions like the controller on the left. The remote like controller has a 3d pointing laser, so if you had a first person shooter you would aim with that and move around with the analog. And for Zelda you could swing the main controller which reduces a number buttons needed to fight. The revolution is also gonna have wi fi which is basically online without having to connect cables to player over the internet. The games would only be limited by the developers creativty. And also, i got the pic from Ign.com. Send me a message if you have anymore questions about the Revolution. :P

I think that the new controller design for the Revolution is definately interesting. Especially for FPS and Jae-unit described I can be used to aim and may bring us a little closer to controling console FPS games like with a mouse and keyboard.If you read the 1up.com article about the new controller they describe the controller as it is shown in that pic and the Nunchaku Configuration. I've been chuckling about that for days now.

the controller doesn't actually have a laser. it has position sensing built into it, probably by means of an accelerometer. So it can feel what you are doing. I watched the video they released where people bat, swing, shoot with the controller. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Nintendo won't win the speed competion (PS3) but they have certainly won the ingenuity competition.

PS 3 is gonna knock out all the competition. Have you read the specs on it yet. The graphics are supposed to be like the movies. If this is true, then it's a no brainer on which gaming console will sell the most. I've only used other people's home gaming consoles (playstation, nintendo, sega genesis - hee hee, etc). We have a psp, a playstation 2 and a game cube for my son (snatched his zodiac cause he wasn't using it, plus it's a palm), but I don't really play them (guess I'm getting old :ph34r: ). I thought we were done with the gaming hardware, but if PS 3 is what they say it's going to be, I might have to snatch that up for the fam bam. If the graphics are good, I guess I'll have to play, even though I get my a$s beat every time. hee hee

i think that this will make a big hit as well as the xbox 360. I heard that you can download games from the main website and thats how you play the games on the system. I also heard that the system's controller is motion sensored and thhat every movement that you make with the controller will show up depending on which game you are playing. The only other thing is will they make a new line of games for the new system? I know that the system can play all of the original nintendo games but it would be neat if they could play some new ones as well.The ps3 is going to blow, they wont make nearly as much money as the xbox 360 will. They made a mistake by making it after xbox 360, and the xbox is coming out towards christmas so that means they will have alot of people trying to buy it for presents and whatever. The ps3's specs sound alright the controller sucks on that system. Its a boomerrang so when you get mad and throw it, it will come back to you? Whatever i dont ps3 even has any decent games coming out. Morrowind Oblivion will blow away the rpg game of the year by far for the xbox 360.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

The only other thing is will they make a new line of games for the new system? I know that the system can play all of the original nintendo games but it would be neat if they could play some new ones as well.

188807[/snapback]

You really don't think The revolution will have new games? You think its only there to play the old ones? Sorry, but thats really funny. :ph34r:

Of course it will have new games, like Super Smash Bros. Revolution.