xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Introducing Myself As A New Member Hello Trap17 Members

Introduction of jlhaslip

Hi everyone. My name here is jihaslip, but call me Jim.

I'm a bit of a dinosaur. Over 50 and still learning new stuff everyday. I'm trying to learn html and css to use for my own and a couple of other web sites that I've come to be involved in. Long story... but I enjoy every minute of it, so it is good...

I was formerly hosted at a now defunct site (liquidh.com) but they folded up and wandered off, so then I became registered here at Xisto due to a referral from another former liquidh member. Actually, there are several of us here now. Mayank and wild20 I know are active, but I haven't seen domthedude001 here yet, although he was supposed to get registered.

Anyway, I have benn registerd for a few months, but there has been a lot of stuff going on in my life lately, so I have not been able to post too much. I think it is time to change that, since I rather enjoy meeting people via the web and the forums I belong to.

If any of you have any interest in Hockey (what the Americans call "Ice Hockey"), I would love to hear from you. I've played, coached, and officiated the game for a long time, and look forward to the start of this season as well.

So far, my experiences here have been good. I've had to report myself only once so far... LOL, but each forum is different and I hope to remember not to spam or double post and learn to behave myself. The rules that are in effect are so that we can all have a good experience at Xisto, and I think they are reasonable, so I'm looking forward to becoming a helpful member of this forum.

Remember to take care of yourself, and others...

wow i think you are the oldest member here, i know some are in the 30 range but i havn't heard of anyone at 40 range yet.but that is interesting that members from another board came together.so enjoy your stay we have fun, lots of topics to choose from many experts in a wide range of designing that could help you out if you need it.

Hi. I was gonna do this introduction too when i joined, but then i remembered i got banned at the newgrounds forums for doing that. Well Hi any way and send me a message if something comes up.  :D

187304[/snapback]

I think you won't be banned here if you introduce yourself. I think it is polite to introduce to others :ph34r:

Robert

Welcome aboard! I think you made a good choice in joining the Trap 17 community/web hosting service. I've been a member since this past spring and so far it has proven to be very reliable. Like yourself, I've been host-hopping and each one either started to place forced ads and/or cut down the web space to less than what was stated. Anyway, glad to hear you'll be taking part in the discussions regularly. Plenty of topics/threads abound, and the people here are very supportive.I'm a Canadian who is currently living in Japan, but I'm also looking foward to the season getting started next month. If you want to talk hockey, feel free to send me a message.See you on the boards!

Welcome to Xisto, Jim! Xisto is a great host, and you don't have to worry about them running off somewhere. Xisto is also a helpful and friendly group, that'd happy to help you at anytime. :ph34r:Don't worry about being 50, my dad's 49. It jsut means you know how to handle the real world, while some of us have yet to, or is about to. >.<Again, welcome to Xisto, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Nice to get some more 'mature' individuality here at Xisto, I think we can all learn from someone older than us.I'm looking forward to your web-design skill, and have several selections for learning PHP and MYSQL when the time comes for you to do so.Mr. Panda

Hi jlhaslip/Jim,Over 50 ? .. no problem. Welcome to Xisto.!!!!!!The webhosting is really great & 99.9% uptime is super..no bull !!! The forums are filled with tons of bright, helpful folks. If you have any questions just post ∧ someone will be sure to get back to you..usually faster than you can imagine. PM the moderators if you have any trouble configuring or setting up your website.Enjoy your stay & make new friends :ph34r: RGPHNX