xisto Community
jae-unit

Uses For Computers What do you guys use computers for?

I have a computer for getiing news and playing games (since my ps2 broke :P ) and mostly for talking to people that are close to me. What do you guys use yours for?

187213[/snapback]

I use the computer for almost everything you can think of. You can find anything on the internet. I do my homework and I use sparknotes for work and reading. I use my computer for downloading and listening to music, videos, pictures, and software. I take school classes online at govhs.org. I watch videos and check out the weather alot. I have an obsession with pictures so I also use my computer for uploading pictures and putting them on my website. I also search the web for comical and crazy websites that not many people know about. You can most certainly do anything on a computer, buy anything on a computer, talk to anyone on a computer, see anything on a computer, hear anything on a computer, and test things on computers. I just love computers. If theres anyone out there that can tell me when kinds of things you can't find or do on the computer I would definitly like to hear them.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
AmandaB78, you need to close your BB codes once you open them. For example this should have been entered at the end of your post
[/b][/color][/font]
Close tags in reverse order of opened. Entered closing tags. And please use font type that is clear for reading. I'm changing font Impact to normal. Remember to use Preview Post feature before submitting.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I use my comp largely for programming practice, viewing photographs I take, reading/studying - I use many open-source texts for my studies. I use the comp for my creative writing, for creating websites. Oh well, for creating a website. I also use it for listening to music, and surfing the net. E-mail is a vital aspect of my life. That's about it. What would I do without my computer?

I use my computer for emails, forums, writing code for websites(html and learning css). But the biggest reason for even owning this laptop is because I needed some drawings done for a jobsite I was working at. It was cheaper to buy this thing and a Drafting software package than buy a complete drafting board and all the rest of it. That was just about one year ago, and I don't know what I would do without it .

I use computer for Every things. Check my Emails, Play Games, Browse the Internet, Programming, Uploading, Downloading, Graphic Designing, Word Processing, Presentation, etc, etc, etc.I can't live without computer!!!!

I have to agree that there are billions of uses of computer, but I mostly use it to produce electronic music - you can visit my page --> LINK: Mark Elgan
I also use it for downloading music, progs and other stuff. One of the most frequent uses is also chatting with friends over MSN Messenger...

AmandaB78 said, that there ain't a thing on this planet that you cannot experience over a computer. Well I think you can't meet people face 2 face like you can in the real world, because with a webcam you always see just what this person shows you - partial reality. There is also a problem that you can't get phisical - hold hands, kiss, ...

This is a major flaw in computer world, but for almost anything else it is a very nice tool!

I use my computer for many things.Actually I cannot imagine my day without a computer.I use my PC for home work and entertainment, like reading mails, browsing the web, playing games and I use my laptop as my workstation, school, programming, graphic design, website creation...

I would say I used my computer most for browsing the web, but I usually listen to music at the same time so I would say I used it most for browsing the web and listening to music almost equally, thats the main stuff but it also gets used for 'chatting' to my friends, and occassionally making my website (but I tend to do this irregullarly, I will leave it for ages and then decide to completely rebuild it from scratch). College work sometimes gets done on it aswell, and then theirs the basic stuff, checking emails ect. It a hugh list of things really, some can be done r, but I still tend to do them on a computer if I can.

I use my computer for mostly gaming, but I'm taking classes at my school for computer programming, so I'm starting to get the software to do it myself. Unfortunately, my computer has been infected with the virus called" homework" :ph34r: , so I also use it for that. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

I use my computer for most things except playing games on.I use it alot for graphic stuff like in Photoshop and I make alot of vids with Adobe Premier on here. Also website stuff in Dreamweaver.Then I just listen to music, watch videos and browse the internet.Most of my time is spent on the internet and listening to music :ph34r:

I use the computer for a bunch of stuff. I research anything that interests me, and anytime I have a question about something, I use clusty search engine to find an answer. I have learned everything I know about html, css, and javascript from online tutorials and picking other scripts apart. I build web pages, and am actually hoping to take that somewhere. I don't like to buy stuff online, but I want to open an online store one day. I use email, but I don't like instant messaging or chatting. I do like forums (obviously, I'm in one now) as a way to communicate though. I actually have a myspace (cheesy as it may be) and have fun teaching my friends (real friends that have myspace accounts) how to hook there pages up.I don't play games, or download music or movies, although I do occasionally download freeware and software trials.

Computer are used to do homework and word processing. If i have time, which i always do, ill just surf the net and and play games and stuff. It is also pretty fun just o listen to music in your room on your computer. Its gets addicting after a while because you're like, 5 more minutes and I'm off. But then you never get off the comp. Also you can get all current news like sports and tv listing which i regularly use. I also do some of my shopping online, like buying cheap gifts for my brother and sisters. Right now, with school and everything, i can't see how you can't use a computer. You need it to do all your school work and homework.

Where do I start. I use the computer mostly for listening to music. Second I use it for programming. Then I use it for website building. I like to lokk at open sourde code for praticing. Playing games and stuff like that. That's about it.

I use computers to play games listen to music make friends help with hw get hw study game check out information learn flash and html etc.. learn about current events. thiers tons