xisto Community
dr1v3r

Mysql Database Problem !

Ok my site was running like with no problems from the mySQL database for six months even more now it was made on PHP - Nuke i didnt touch anything when suddenly yesterday it said that there is a problem with the Database and we will be back shortly blah blah blah... anyway the site wasnt back about an hour ...i deleted the whole PHP-Nuke installation deleted the mySQL scripts etc etc and tried to start everything from scratch...Ne way what i wanted didnt happen... when i installed the new php-nuke the same error occured... it said that there are problems with the mySQL database and we will be back shortly blah blah blah... well... another thing... when i try to login to my MYPHPADMIN it says ACCESS DENIED WRONG USERNAME/PASSWORD.... so what shall i do ? pls some1 that has expirienced this problem in the past or knows avoid it reply here ot contact me on msn ilko_14@yahoo.co.uk cos i really need my site back up !P.S i dont think i've done anything wrong with the mySQL database i read the post about the database errors/settings etc but i've done none of the things it said there and i didnt get the same error... I doubt that this is a fault of the main server so pls some1 help me...Cheersdr1v3r

Yeah. Its happening to me and I really dont like it. Especially when I got stuff to do that involves this. And if we gotta reinstall everything to the db than I will be so f***ing mad that I dunno what. So the stuff better get placed back.

Guys. Relax. MySQL is down for all users hosted on Xisto. You did not do anything wrong. Usually this happens because a member was playing around with a poorly coded script, so the server admin had to take down MySQL. It should be back up shortly so please be patient. Also, do not delete your MySQL database because it's not your fault.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WUUUUT ?? I DELETED MY WHOLE WEBSITE COS I THOUGHT I WAS THE PROBLEM !! sorry for caps but im pissed off..... is there any way Xisto can backup my website ?

This is like the first downtime in months, a long downtime tho. But you gotta live with it I guess. :[Also dr1v3r, I dont think the admins have a very recent back up, but I would suggest you cantact them ASAP to get your files back, since they might overright the backuos they made.

Do you know when MYSQL problem should be fixed. My clients & visitors are really pissed off with this time-out. My site is based on MYSQL database and if you try to access the site, you can't do anything for the moment.I really like to know that this problem will be solved fast by the Xisto.com forums' team. Please resolve it asap.

You people seriously need to stop complaining and chill out.These people are giving away free hosting with top notch...(needs a word)Give them some time to fix the problems.All hosts (free or paid) have downtimes from time to time.There Is No Such Thing As 100% Uptime.Just be patient and wait.I'm sure you won't lose your traffic because of this downtime.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WUUUUT ?? I DELETED MY WHOLE WEBSITE COS I THOUGHT I WAS THE PROBLEM !! sorry for caps but im pissed off..... is there any way Xisto can backup my website ?

186945[/snapback]

Not that I know of. It is purely your responsibility to back up your site once in a while. Since we are all volunteers at this forum, we will not do that for you.

If i'm not mistaken, there's no backup available, they leave all that up to us.

186954[/snapback]

You are correct.

Do you know when MYSQL problem should be fixed. My clients & visitors are really pissed off with this time-out. My site is based on MYSQL database and if you try to access the site, you can't do anything for the moment.

I really like to know that this problem will be solved fast by the Xisto.com forums' team. Please resolve it asap.

186955[/snapback]

I have no clue when the MySQL server will be fixed. All I know that this problem has not persisted on for more than 1 day, so it should be back later today or early tomorrow. What I recommend is to backup your MySQL database periodically so that your content won't be lost in the future.

Again, sorry for all the inconvenience.

How do I backup the files?Which files do I have to backup?Also, once these problems are resolved, what'll happen to the MySQL files?

I understand that the boards will go down every now and then but isn't there a way for everyone to be informed of what's going on so everyone doesn't come here venting because theythink something has happened to the board. I think trap is doing a good job hosting. I just ask that we are informed of something major like today.