xisto Community
askingboss

Windows 2003 Enterprise any info?

I heard about this Windows 2003 enterprise has been out for a while now and i been told it was on the microsoft site available for downloads from people. So if anyone who already used it or seen someone use it. I have a question. I am trying to make a webserver for downloads or maybe host a website... whatever the case is (maybe even a game server :P ). Does windows 2003 give you the opetion while installing to make it a server and not a user machine. I do not want to use linux because i'd waste a long time strudying how to use it first and i need this fast. Any replies are appreshiated. Thank you.

Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, differs from Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition, primarily in its support for high-performance servers and its ability to cluster servers for greater load handling. These capabilities provide reliability that helps ensure systems remain available even if problems arise.At a high level, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, provides support for:? Eight-way symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) To increase server performance and capacity, you can add processors, an approach to increasing your network capacity is known as scaling up. The enhanced support for SMP allows you to add processors that work together?that is, multiprocessor servers. Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, supports up to eight processors in a single system or partition. ? Eight-node clustering Server clusters up to eight nodes are available only in Windows 2003, Enterprise Edition, and Windows 2003, Datacenter Edition. ? Up to 32 gigabytes (GB) of RAM By adding memory, a computer can work with more information at once. Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, includes enhanced memory capabilities that let you increase the memory available for server processing to as much as 32 GB of RAM

yeah very truth srbempire, actually win2003 Enterprise and i think the other versions too( i have used them) are designed to be a dedicated server or even a user computer, im telling you man, i have some games her and honestly i love the performance this thing give me, what's more win2003 E has radio features, streaming and onDemand as well, if i have used them?, yes i have, but honestly you must have a very good connection in order to deliver full packages to clients, you said you want to do a host or even a download site? dont worry Win2003 has a built in ASP app to let you monitor your server while you are in chine or wherever, you can restart it and just shutt it down, but one of the features i love the most is when you connect via RemoteDesktop to the server and manage it without having to install any extra stuff.... hope it helpscheers!