xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
samma

Motion Blur Sig Tut ~ Samma

Okay, this was long awaited and other forums have been advising me to put the resources that i use, so i kind adid that :P.

Heh this is produces a unique look that much differnet to a normal sig :(, the thing is that it doesnt use any brushes.

--Motion Blur Sig Tutorial--

Render Used : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Result :

Posted Image

Step 1 : Put the render where nessasary and duplicate the layer.

Posted Image

Step 2 : If the background isnt white, make a new layer under all the layers and use the paint bucket tool set on white. If the background is white, skip Step 2.

Step 3 : With the bottom render layer, do a motion of Angle 0 and Distance 50.

Posted Image

Step 4 : Duplicate the blurred layer arround 4-6 times and arrange the blurred layers so that there is no white background and make it look like it flows.

Posted Image

Step 5 : Merge all the blurred layers into one layer (ctrl + e) and do a motion blur of Angle 0 and Distance (20-50)

Posted Image

Step 6 : Make an outline of your render with the laso tool and do a feather of 10-20 and then Right Click > Select Inverse, then click Delete/Del.

Posted Image

Step 7 : Duplicate the render layer and then with the bottom render layer, do a motion blur of Angle 0 and Distance (30-50)

Posted Image

Step 8 : Finally, to finish add a border, text and you can lower the main render opacity to around 80-90%

Posted Image

heh hope you liked my tut :P

Very nice tutorial Samma. Very simple and easy to understand, I like it. I might try this sometime when I feel to lazy to brush :P.

Heh, interesting tutorial. I never thought of doing something like that, nor came across anything like this before. Ya learn something new everyday. I'ma try this out the next time i cant decide what colors to use on the background.

heh thanks, lol well the sig i made for the tut wasnt that good but i think you guys have seen my better work using the motion blur technique :P

Thats kind of a neat way to do a background. I will have to try that sometime..... I like to do radial blurs a lot to get a vortex appearance then I can change it and do all kinds of stuff like that.Thanks for the tutorial :PxJedix

great.. i like it... as you know :-D btw... what is the pixel font name? it look great... mine was too shabby... hurmm

what part of the tut dont you understand? lol i thought i made it as easy to understand as possible... :ph34r: o well im glad people think this way of making bgs is neat, but it kinda needs brushing now

Nice tutorial and finished product is really quite good and clean. I think you really need to get a suitable render for it though, such as the one you chose - it needs the colour difference and what not, so when it's blurred there's some nice variation.

thanks for the great tutorial. i think i've been completely clueless on the simple stuff that make images stand out, like motion blurring. i only do the motion blur once and even if i'm not satisfied, i leave it that way. so now i know how to really do it. i'll be sure to try it soon