xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PhxStorks

Citymax Online Website Builder B+ for ease of use

I currently have my site hosted/built using Citymax.com. (while I try to re-build it at Xisto from scratch) So far it is the CHEAPEST online web builder/hosting company that I can find. The funny thing is that a number of "companies" sell the EXACT SAME SERVICE for alot more money. Oh the cost is about $16 a month, paid in advance for 6 or 12 months.It is pretty feature-packed. It has 1000+ "templates" which for a newbie like me was VERY important. You can also choose to design in basic HTML, or use their WYSIWYG editor. Included in the price is a Photo album, Catalog, Discussion Board, Autoresponder, feedback forms, emails, guesbook, plus a lot more. I don't even use most of these features because my site is not "interactive" it is mostly "informational".Even has a "mini" shopping cart. But the shopping cart is not customizable which is why I had to find some other host.Since I started with them they have done a couple of surveys to find out what their customers want/need from their hosting. They have added a number of "pay-per-use" type things that are "integrated" into your site already, you just need to activate them. They are also integrated with Authorize net and Paypal.I think for the price this web-host is pretty good. It is limiting, but would be great for a beginner just getting into html and looking to get a site up quickly. --Jane

I think for the price this web-host is pretty good.

I actually think that price is quite expensive. Sure it might be good for people knew to making websites, but if you know how to use Google reasonably well, you can find free alternatives to the features you've listed above fairly easily.

wariorpk: Thank you, yes it is not free but that was never a requirement for me. I wanted an easy to use, reliable site that I could get online right away, having no html knowledge. :P Tyssen: If you wanna find me one with ALL the features they offer I'm open to checking them out. :( I couldn't find any FREE hosts that were also "builders" that included a shopping cart with SECURE access, that I didn't have to setup and that LOOKS like the rest of my site. Most of the free hosts, are similar to Xisto in that you have to know what the heck you are doing! :P I am still very new at this, have no idea what the difference between php & java is, and I don't consider the price of a pizza (a month) to be expensive, for the CONVENIENCE and EASE of use.The main reason I looked for a new host was the lack of customization of my shopping cart. I will probably end up outsourcing the shopping cart design/customization that I want hosted here on trap because I just can't figure it out. I understand we all have our opinions about the value of hosting, and personally I am willing to pay money to make my life easier. I have a business to run, and a family to raise, I don't have the time to try to learn all the "techno" stuff that is needed to build a site like I want. --Jane