xisto Community
Ryo

Opera opera

Whilst I think that there are some good things about the Opera browser, there are also some downsides - one of them being that you have to pay for it (unless you are willing to put up with banner ads being displayed in the program).Anyway, this isn't at all related to SEO. So why is it posted here?

that's sure of it.i just think the best browser on the world is opera in the world.even there are mozilla firefox and so so.however Internet explorer.and they all using so large memory and not support the tab in the same window smoothly.although opera is a sharing software.they would publish the good product.but opensource sometimes better,sometimes A is better,sometimes B is better.anyway i suggested Opera.then firefox,then mozilla,then Internet Explorer.:Pguangdian

Well, I think that it is considered a type of software for Internet, so I'm moving it to another section. Hopefully, all you lucky people got a free license key on that "10 year anniversary" party!

Yeah, I got one of those codes. The ad really isn't that annoying anyway though, it just takes up a small amount of toolbar space, asking you to buy Opera. I would still advise people to go and try the free version anyway. Its a great browser and it does everything I couold want it to.

i use opera as the web brower in my mobile phone.opera is considerable good brower,but if use windows,firefox is the best,we can modify it to get better as you can.

Yeah, I got one of those codes.

Yeah, I got one too so now Opera's ad-free. I only use Opera for mail & webmail and for whatever links I need to open up from emails I'm sent. I use FF primarily because it's got more extensions that can be installed than Opera.

Well Opera is a good software...It is one the fastest browser availabe these days..the reason behind it is that it has got a fantastic cache handeling technology..far better than Internet Explorer and Firefox...but there are downsides of it and one of them is that it doesnt support all the websites..and you have to use either IE or Firefox...now this is the case with Firefox as well...but then these days Firefox is the hottest browser available and because of which most of the developers are making extension and infact taking part in the development of this browser...I personally use Firefox and find it as a best browser.So, if you dont surf much and dont need extensions then go for Opera otherwise go for Firefox...I wont suggest you IE, the reason being that it is house of spywares...and everyone knows that because IE is the most used browser so crackers develop spywares targetting IE users, so as to bring maximum damage which is their main target.

Yes, I totally agree with you guys. Opera is such a suitable web browser. I actually didn't try it until last week at my friend's computer. But one of the reasons why I still use Firefox is that I wasn't able to view some sites and I guess FF still faster than Opera.What about Mozilla-All-in-One web browser? I just downloaded it and it seems pretty nice, but still, a bit slower than Firefox.BTW, I'd like to ask if you guys find any other browser better and the reasons...Cheers! :P

I posted on a similar thread. I'm debating with myself as to whether to give it another try. I've heard about how it may have some issues with websites that were designed primarily with Firefox and/or IE in mind.

Iit may have some issues with websites that were designed primarily with Firefox and/or IE in mind.

188277[/snapback]

I opened up my web page with Opera, Mozilla (same engine as Firefox), ans IE6. The Mozilla and IE pages were pretty much identical, but the Opera browser extended the page height, produced space at the top between the header and the menu bar,and forced the top sidebar to be covered by the bottom sidebar (left hand side). So, that raises the question about compliance. Which of thes three are most w3 compliant and which one do you design to?

Same old problem... design to MS standards or w3???

Personally, I would like to think that I attaempt to be w3 compliant, but the browser market share that is MS based is huge, so if you run the Opera or Mozilla products, expect some trouble with the presentation.

Overall, I liked the Opera browser. some cool features... and quick, too. A bit slow on the start up. Any way to fix that???

Surely Opera is worth using!But it has some disadvantages also, that make me still keep IE by my side.First of all stands compability - it's quite difficult to make site work properly in Opera. That's whysites made by non-professional web-masters make you to start IE or NN to understand what's the page about.Of cousre you don't face such problems surfing "commercial' internet made by web studios, but this bothers often when browsing some homepages - content may be quite useful, but you need something else to open it properly.There other thing i don't like is Opera mail agent. It is only my opinion of course but i find it not very convenient. Besides i still have not found such simple option like requesting feedback,when the letter had been read(( If somebody knows how to do it , i would be grateful for the info.When Opera fixes this problems, i would delete IE))))

I used opera a while ago ,but I like firefox more instead of opera.Though opera is good ,but I had some problem in opening some sites by using opera.The problem was with sripts,I still don't know what was the cause of it..this is because I still like to use opera instead of firefox..but I cannot. :)

Opera is a good internet browser but not all websites can be accessed thru opera. You need Mozilla FireFox or Internet Explorer to access a particular site which doesnt support opera. At first I thought that opera is just a noobish internet browser that would add more problems in my daily internet addiction but when I spend more time with it, I have found out, it may be the best browser in the future. Who knows?-Amiel