xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Googlebot On Forums? GoogleBot

I was on my friends Forum Boards the other day and there was this member in the online members part saying its name was GoogleBot. As I am a moderator there I checked our member list and have no one calling themselve GoogleBot ...Can someone tell me what the GoogleBot is? I might have an idea but I am not 100% sure. Just want to get some clarity on this one.What do I think it is? Well I think it might be something that google sends around to update sites on there search engine. However as I said I am not sure. Help ...

Notice from KuBi:
This does not belong is the "What Is.." section, moving to > Questions/Querys.
Notice from KuBi:
On top of that, the title "What the.." can be referenced inappropriately, and it not a good title. Changing
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

googleBot is a program that google.com uses to search for websites to add to its searching platform it uses.

Sorry for placing in wrong place and title. I will watch it a little more carefully now. I am only new and it will take a little bit to get used to this new system. I should be fine in a day or two.Sorry again.

i think it is a program that either the person made or google sent from a search. If it is a pprogram it is to block google or to help promote his site on google. It may also be incase the guy was gonna put a search thing inIf it was from google it is proboly cause google was seasraching trough sites and was searching the site when u went to players on

google bot is the google searchengines "bot" it goes around finding new sites to put on the server and will constently come after it has been there for a first time, and does he use a ipb forum, cause that has a feture that tells you how many bots have visited your site, ths may happen on other types of forums, such as vB or mybb, but im not sure

Yes he is running an ipb ... and I told him that there was a place that he could see how many Bots have visited or something and he is looking into it.Thank you for your help all.

The previous answers might be correct, but I have been told that the googlebots that appear on forums are there to watch the communications and select the ads displayed on the forum pages. If your thread contains information about, say, fishing, you get different ads than a thread on mountain biking. The bot picks up information, then determines the ads to display based on the thread content.At least that is what I was told...

just like saint says:

googleBot is a program that google.com uses to search for websites to add to its searching platform it uses

you just don't worried about that,i think i will explain something to you.it will let you taking down.plz.
yes.google bot coming to our forum for the web search task.
but it will not register on our forum.they just search and geting the web,they don't register any more
if you got the username GoogleBot.yes.you got the member named of it.but this member is just the same with others,you all the members of the forum.
anyhow? :P
guangdian
~good luck with me~