xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Adsl Routers Are Bad Port Blockers

Oh man. I just switch from 56K Dial Up to a 1.5MB/256KB ADSL Account and I use IRC Chat and man I had how the Router Block the Ports and then my ISP company has NO IDEA how to allow ports 6660 - 7000. And the Router came from them in the first place.To my ISP Company: Learn how to use the routers that you supply your customers. It is annoying when you need help and you cant tell me anything. I have to contact NetComm directly to find out what to do. You should know this already.Anyway I have had enough venting for one day.

To me it seems that your problem lies in customer service not in the router its self. These are the following possibilities that caused your bad experience:1. The customer service person honestly knew nothing about the router because technical support could be on a website2. The customer service person was lazy and figured instead of searching for your answer they said they did not know3. This is very unlikely but the router is unconfigurable

thats probobaly because of its built-in firewall. Most good routers come with a web-based config, just type in its IP in your browser. usualy (192.168.0.1) or something similar. simply go to the firewall settings. should be simple enough. else, do a google search :P