xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Mumbai Vs New Orleans! NOT TO HURT FEELINGS...JUST A JOKE

Today I got a mail which was actually a comparison between two diff. cities in case of crisis....now this is not to hurt anyone's feelings but just a small joke which I am sure any one wont mind about...In case someone feels that they felt bad about it then please report it to the moderators and I'll personally request moderators to please delete this post if anyone reports about it.
REMEMBER JUST A JOKE NOTHING ELSE

inches of rain in new orleans due to hurricane katrina... 18
inches of rain in mumbai (July 27th).... 37.1

population of new orleans... 484,674

population of mumbai.... 12,622,500

deaths in new orleans within 48 hours of katrina...100

deaths in mumbai within 48hours of rain.. 37.

number of people to be evacuated in new orleans... entire city..wohh

number of people evacuated in mumbai...10,000

Cases of shooting and violence in new orleans...Countless

Cases of shooting and violence in mumbai.. NONE

Time taken for US army to reach new orleans... 48hours

Time taken for Indian army and navy to reach mumbai...12hours

status 48hours later...new orleans is still waiting for relief, army

and electricty

status 48hours later..mumbai is back on its feet and is business is

as usual

USA...world's most developed nation

India...third world country..

oopss...did i get the last fact wrong???

India rocks - we're all about business. Although I've never been able to stand the poor and sick in the streets. That always makes me sad :P

hey biskie!may be its personal question :P but just wanted to ask that are you an Indian?anyways how was this cool mail!

Well, the facts are true. This is all because of the fact that Indians are determined for a confirmed progress.
There are lots of people in India still below poverty line, but most of the people here are working really hard to get India on top of country chart.

There should be no comparison between India and USA. But the fact is that India is changing very rapidly.

From the same forum: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/27219-1000-brushes-that-i-use-to-design-sigs-every-single-one-of-them/

Where has the trust gone? It's like the money going to third world countries, down the drain.

You can see that people from developed countries are getting nervous to see India progressing on its own.

hi mayank,First of all, the one u posted has been circulating well...Let me point out that I am an Indian, live in India and am proud of it.On the other hand, I find the comparison absurd as you cannot compare a hurricane to heavy rainfall. what happend in Mumbai was very heavy and continuous rain whereas most of the damage in New Orleans was due to heavy gusty winds.Though I find the fact that there have not been violence in Mumbai very heartening. Kudos to Mumbai for facing it and hopefully people will learn from it and take better care of the city at least from now on.Just felt that we were comparing apples to oranges.Cheers.

Sorry, I am getting a bit serious here. The thing stated about Mumbai is wrong! If you ask, how do I know, then the answer is, I live in Mumbai.

deaths in mumbai within 48hours of rain.. 37.

(This rate is wrong, Media disclosed wrong numbers here.. I have seen the some of the deaths. And the number is more than 200)

number of people evacuated in mumbai...10,000

(I hardly remember, Indian GOVT. coming up to evacuate people.. Well, the people ran away. This suits best.)

Time taken for Indian army and navy to reach mumbai...12hours

(Yeah.. They did. However, when we change the question, No, of people helped? This is negligible compared to the people affected)

status 48hours later..mumbai is back on its feet and is business isas usual

(haha.. Yeah, Middle Class men in Mumbai starve if they don't work even for a day. People earn daily bread and savings is a word which is a dream for them. Rains were no reason to get them back to work. They would work even if they suffered even worse)

FACT : EVEN NOW, THOUSANDS of PEOPLE in Mumbai are suffering the effects of those Rains. Water was filled upto 20 FEET!!! Now, Imagine a small family living in the ground floor. His house gets washed away. All his belongings are gone. No clothes, no money, no food! Nothing! Did Government helped them. NO! They did not. They are still starving there.. Lucky few who could get a loan from friend or some company, were the only ones to get out of it. And we rather not talk about the thosands low class people who lived in slums. Their houses were washed away, and they were left with nothing. GOVT throws food and water packets for 2 days and publishes, BIG things. The thing I have written here, is just the tip of an iceberg. When one experiences this in reality, believe me, it HORRIBLE! I sometimes feel, Indian Govt. is the most Curropt govt. you can find anywhere. Anyway... This was my point of view for which why these two city cases cannot be compared.

Luckily, By God's grace, I live in a good area of Mumbai and my area was not affected. I did experience Power outage for a day and internet was down for 2 days.

-OpaQue

well It seems to me that opaque is not very happy with Indian Govt. at all!Anyways I am! and Cse-icons buddy I always knew that you are from India as you have selected your location as India....now I never compared these two cities...it was compared by some guy....I dont know him at all!and secondly it was just to have little fun! We all know that both the incidents were a big tragedy and no one want them again!And yes Opaque...didnt knew that you are also from India....wow! lots of Indians in this forum! as they are everywhere in this world :P

No intentions to spoil the fun.. I just wanted to point out, how wrong information is circulated by the GOVT.

hi mayank,No idea of spoiling ny fun from my end either. Just wanted to put a few points that came to my mind. The discussion on India and Indian govt on a serious note could always be taken up some other time other place... :PCheers.