xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Fighting Games Best type of action game (my opinion)

I think fighting games are the best, play nothing but them most of the time. I'm one of those fighting fanatics you would see at all the street fighter and tekken tournaments. All played the hell out of most fighting games and studied them. I've also been making my own fighting game, hard to work out the bugs. It used to be Street Fighter with the best fighting, the came Tekken and Virtua Fighter. They got beaten by Dead or Alive (not beaten as better to most eyes, but beaten by better fighting). Then came Soul Caliber and the new Tekken, the new Tekken looks the hottest but still somewhat the same, Soul Calibers fighting rocked and was much like Dead or Alive. Those two were the best. What I like about Tekken is that they use real fighting styles but you just throw the moves, not martial art combat, just the moves. But then the new Mortal Kombats came out. I thought I'd never buy them. I always thought Mortal Kombat was immature which it is, but I thought it was still gonna be a fake fighting game like before. Well, in fighting, the new MK cooks (or should i say kooks) all the others. not one, not two, but three !real! fighting styles. and they don't just throw the moves either, the blocking and strafing you do makes it look like real martial art kombat. Not only that but you can fly through walls and into traps, pick up weapons lying around and the characters are cool and actually got style unlike Tekken and DOA's boring characters. People who still say Mortal Kombat isn't that great are just against it because of the immaturity in it. I was against it, but no more am i. As for the Graphics, alot of people say it isn't great, I've even heard some1 say it looked like MK4. What!? MK4 maybe they need to compare, the GFX on MK Alliance and Deception are beautiful, not the best, but beautiful. (Except Noob Saibot's second costume, looks a little MK4ish but the best outfit ever, my style). So for MK I give two thumbs up, this time, it beats the others. (which is sad for the more serious games... disappointing)

well yeah they are good but after awhile they get dull and boring, why do oyu think they add all these extras so the person can keep on playing, but after unlocking them thats it, but if you start going to tournaments then thats where the action is at, but you have to be able to pull off combos in split seconds or your going to look like the fighter on the ground twitchen and bleeding.of course i like the old school ones less buttons to pull off combos, but now you need to press like 30 buttons just hit a 5 hit combo blech.

Hey I havent played that game in ages lolbut i have this game on my 200-games-in-1-box-thing and theres a game called Kage and its a fighting game which you kinda need to collect gold points and find your way out of the forest and theres this sort of rhinorous thing which kills you like 10 times lol :P

yeah the fighting games are so good but this not my favorite genre games,but i can say my favorite fighting games are the tekken series, mortal kombat trilogy, blody roar 2, king of fighters series, virtua fighter 4, soul calibur series and wwe smackdown vs raw

i dont really like fighting games, well i played mortal kombat super smash bros. melee and other, but i really like first person shooting games/third looks good :( well, i like war games more like battle filed 2 (havnet played but screen shots look good) i played call of duty demo and it looks like a good game i havent got the chance to buy it yet :( i have zoo tycoon 2, you would need a good processor to play it cause you build a zoo and the more stuff you put like alot, it can slow down :P. I once played sim city 4 and it was so cool! but it only worked the first day, the second day dint >.< i had to return it i dint had a good computer back then. now i do, ill probably buy it one day :/. well, anyways i dont really like fighting games only if i play multiplayer :(.

I SO agree!You don't need to solve puzzles in order to get to the next area or something like that. In fighting games, it takes strategey. But if that's one of your weak spots, then you are allowed to push random buttons. AWESOME!you can also do multiplayer. it's hard to do multiplayer in an adventure game...And for some reason, I always manage to beat everyone I play agents because I love fighting games so much. Especially Super Smash Brothers. That game is old, but it's still supper cool XD go fighitng games!

dear friend, you dont know the game Def Jam fight for New York?

OMG, you really need to play it if you like fighting games,

did you remember the Pit fighter?

so this game is exactly the same, but in 3D,
and you can play with many famous Rap and Hip Hop artists

here is the link to you know more about it
https://www.ea.com/games

and remember, stay away from the light
bye

My favourite fighting game are the tekke series. Although most of the time it's the same it gives a lot of gameplay , Tekken 5 has the History section so youc an play tekken 1, 2 and 3 and i think a game called star craft? after you unlock it . There's also the devil within mini-game where you are Jin and run around going through levels in an old arcade style game. once you have completed this you have to go through it again to unlock star craft thing, and objects for the characters to wear and hold. There are many characters to unlock aswell as around 15 you start with. You can customize your favourite characters with item you can buy with your fight money from the stroy, devil within and arcade modes of the game. my second favourite has to be wwe series i love and enjoy wrestling although it may be fake it is very entertaining ^_^

Agreed. fighting games are fun but i prefere like adventures but i don't say. to kill the time fighting games are the best and its most popular games was and will be.

205889[/snapback]

I wish I could agree with you on this one but I can't ;) unfortunatly fighting games, just like most games (mostly RPGs) have sorta been on the decline. Now all we gots are tons of shooters and action games other than fighters and sports of course and games made after movies, stories and whatnot. Also I would like to mention that yeah, fighting games don't last too too long of course. but it realy depends. if you aren't a loser and actualy have friends who would play with you fighting games last longer than any other type of game. Also, smash brothers, so far it has laster over six years with me and a bunch of friends, and it still isn't old (if you count this a fighting game, usualy "they" call it a party game). and i havent played the new soul caliber, but the last one lasts a really long time. and yes I know about Def Jam. Those games actualy do kind of rule. Do you all consider Double Dragon and Streets of Rage type games fighting games? I was just wondering.