xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mendezgarcia

Profile & Cpanel Username

Hello,I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but I think that my Cpanel Username shouldn't be shown on my profile. This is potential problem; anyone that knows my site may visit this forum, access my profile and therefore get my cpanel username [duh]. I know, there is the password, but knowing the username a potential hacker would only need to find the pasword.Thanks :P

Please search the forums before you make or ask a question.I am repeating again, your forum username is visible only to you and we are very well about the security issues :-)Thanks.

Please search the forums before you make or ask a question.

I am repeating again, your forum username is visible only to you and we are very well about the security issues :-)

Thanks.

185077[/snapback]

So this must be flawed because I can see other members usernames as well. :P

Can anyone confirm this? [Just access any profile]

I can see your cPanel username in your profile.However, I don't think this is really a huge problem. Most often, a users cPanel username reflects either their web site name or forum name. It isn't exactly highly confidential information - provided you have a strong password, no one is going to be able to access your account.The only way anyone can 'break in' is via repeatedly trying to access the server with your user name and a password (either generated or from a list). Such activity should be picked up and delt with, and it is unlikely you will be at all affected.

Hello,

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but I think that my Cpanel Username shouldn't be shown on my profile.

This is potential problem; anyone that knows my site may visit this forum, access my profile and therefore get my cpanel username [duh]. I know, there is the password, but knowing the username a potential hacker would only need to find the pasword.

185074[/snapback]

usmlepor?

where you from does it me united south middle by any chance? :( lepor = lepord :P just wondering...