xisto Community
brawler

Chat Rooms stories

I sometimes go to chat rooms just to speak to some people, you know cause i have nothing better to do. So anyway, one day my sister was on the old ninemsn chat rooms and was speaking to this girl who turned out to be a girl that was in my grade at my school. Another time i was in a different chat room, and stated speaking to this girl and asked whereabouts she lived and it turned out that she lives in the same estate as me.And to think that these chat rooms are for people all around the room and i find people that live so close its crazy. If you got any chat room stories like those i like to hear them.

yeah... thats why i dont go sayin crazy stuff online to strangers...the last time... an "over-social" friend of mine, went on "speed-dating" with a chatter from a Yahoo! chatroom. I was at his place with him... Guess what!? that chatter was my elder sister!i got to know that when i was back at my house and saw my sister on the conversation. I asked her about the account and she told me she started the account just the day before... i have yet to tell my sister that "he' was someone i knew... lol

Well, personally, I'm usually a bit sceptical about these things, obviously because of those mad people, commonly called phedofiles, but...I do have one story that is kinda like that, being that I later met the person coincidentally (not arranged :P). I was on a chat room and started to speak to someone and I said the area in which I lived in, he said he lived somewhere around there aswell, at first I didn't trust or believe him. He then told me that his parents owned a shop in town and named it, it was one of my favourite shops in town. He showed me a photo of himself. We chatted online for a while. The next time I went into the shop in town (about 3 weeks later), I actually saw him + talked to him and apparently he lived on my street, never seen him around before, but it turned out he did, we are still good friends now. I'm actually going out for pizza with him and some other friends later :(

I use to be a real regular in the MSN Chatrooms up until they made them 18+ and you had to pay to go into them. Anyways I was in a local chatroom and I started talking to this one guy, it was only because I was bored and I never really talked to people that werent "Owners" or "Hosts" because I knew all the people in the Canadian Chatrooms on MSN that ran rooms and I was always either hosting or an owner. Anyways back to my story... I was getting to a real interesting conversation and we became good chat buddies on my preferrenced IM program. One day we started talking about people we knew and it seemed that every person he knew I knew as well. So I figured that since we knew the same people we could meet. We set up a meeting at a party with a bunch of the same mutual friends and it turned out to be my boyfriend at the times brother. I had never known his email because we weren't really friends so it was really weird. We became best friends after that.I was also in the same chatroom and I started talking to a girl whom was pretty cool to talk to. I added her to my preferred IM program and I saw a picture of her and it turned out to be a girl I had known for over 10 years and was never friends with... we were in Kindergarden - Grade 8 together and went to the same highschool. We were friends for maybe two weeks after I found out who she was but then we had a fall out on this one girl who was a regular in this local chatroom that I didn't like and she liked whom also happened to go to my high school. To this day (this incodent happened about 3 years ago) I still haven't seen or talked to her.

I've heard stories like that before where people live close to other online people, and they just happen to find out they live really close to each other. To some people this may seem rare, but it happens more often than some may suspect =)

before long i just don't know what time that is,maybe last year.there is a stupid id on the chatroom,i just use the so lots of chatroom,but there is a chat site that you could talked about with the ids the same city with you.i talked some but it's boring,i just need knowledge but not useless cyber matters

Well,personally I don't love chatting in public chatrooms,it's sometime a very confusing and iritating,I mean some people are really anoying.But I went sometimes on my friends chat server and I had a really good time,but that was because I know the persons who was on that chat.

I have run a few chatrooms over the years and it's a lot of fun when I am talking to someone I know from a board or something, but when strangers come in I sometimes don't know what to say. Just hopping into a public chat and trying to converse with 'strangers' is kind of scary.To be on the safe side, I try to stay away from talking to anyone who lives within a four hour driving circle of me as well.

:) Once i was talking to this guy and i thought he was quite cool then i asked how old he was and where he lived.. he said he was 42 and lived in Detroit.. Well like anyone i stopped talkin to him lolbut there has been othere times when i chat to random people and ask them things like are you an inny? when you have ice cream do you slurp?

how to stop themChat Rooms

well it all started when I joined a chat room every thing was fine untill this guy came in and started cussing everyone in chat room so I started standing up for myself and everyone to so here we go he started booting everyone and what I am saying is that how in the hell do I enjoy my self in the chat room if there is going to be all that crap going on I am to old for this crap and my question is this how do I stop them from booting me I would really like some ones info on this mater so hit me up if you have a solution. p.S this was yahoo messenger chat room

-reply by kermit_man13

I tend not to go to chatrooms... because theyre mostly littered with spammers and weirdos looking for sex. But when my friend and I were young, we used to make up a screenname and go there just to mess with the pedos... xD As in... be really friendly and then when they would ask for more personal information we would be like "WHAT THE HELL YOU SICK FREAK!" believe me.. it was usually deserved. Some creepy people out there!

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)