xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tseng

A New Mmorpg Im planning one

Recently someone created a MMORPG script using RGSS(Ruby-game-scripting-system).[RGSS derives from Ruby- the scripting/coding language developed for Rpg Maker Xp] It allows fully online capability for a MMORPG and is similar to dofus...In that it loads on a webpage, but is able to play MMORPG and not page by page. I am here to ask what you will look for in an MMORPG(by the way its 2D) but as far as battle system and other additions go its fully customizable. So any input would help.

Actually...IM making one...myself...from scratch..and I just want to know what you like best about MMORPGS, ones that are 2d, like Lunar, or anoither oldskool rpg....I might make one involving Dot Hack, or just design a custom game. But any input would help.

hmm what i look for in a mmorpg...well i would like to see one where to can make parties of people and you can weapons and armours you can get based on skills levels and experince. Most have level system also and a good size landscape for the players to roam on....also some quests and some fun stuff so when you dont want to train on combat or other skills you can relax with friends and do other things also a mailing system would be nice so that you could still contact people even when they are off line. A clan/Guild sysem so you cna keep track of your clan if you have onethats about itLatrs

Sounds good...Finally some good feedback. In fact if you would like I can add you to my development team.(Check out my fourms in my sig) and I need some people to runn new I deas by me. Although you have to rememeber im working on RMXP. Also im on 16 so im not extremely good at coding yet. But the stuff you said I can add easiely with help from friends but yeah. As for battle sytem an active battle system like the one in Dot Hack series is what were going for. Is this good? And also I am making a quast system where you get new weapons and level up by completeing quests. Which is way cool. And thing else I should add?

i think its pointless to do that...most people play wellknown games..there will be small group of people only who plays that and that makes game boring :)but good luck and become famous

When you start making a game like this, Start simple, base it off easier games at first. Like Ragnarok Online, then branch off to other things. Me and my friends were doing a flash project a like this, but they wanted to make things to advanced. Also, We managed to get it to work, but once it did, no one else wanted to work on it. (also, we weren't beginers at Flash.)