xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Did You Have A Tamaguci (also Known As Digipet)! I remember...

I remember I was in the 3rd grade when the hole trend for tamaguci broke up in my country. Everybody had or wanted one.... it it funny how kids minds are easily influenced. We were like zombies... Of course after a certain amount of time (like all trends) the tamaguci trend had gone away. There are still places where you can find one, but the kids will never come back... They have mobile phones from an early age, even from six or seven years old. The tamaguci age has gone away.I don't know if in your country the tamaguci had this influence for an certain amount of time, but it defently ahd in romania. I remember there was this trend with the blob (i don't know if this is the spelling) - murky liquid that could take a lot a forms in akids hands. Childhood is more sweet now that is over...

Tamagotci was an ugly, ugly fad, that was never going to last, there are still some around in cheap shops, but their fame is all but gone. New games consoles, mobile phones and cigarettes are the new toys for small children these days.Its gone much like the Yo-Yo.sad times.

I had a Gigapet...no tamaguci. It was basically the same thing though, and everyone here was playing with it, so I know what you mean about the trend thing. Just the other day, I saw a tamaguci ad in the newspapers. Good times that was years ago. Good times.

Tamogotchis, those funny mini-animal things which have to food and look after? Haha my sisters had those crappy things. They dominated their lives for a month or so always having to look after them in case they'd "die". All that was of course after everyone had to make scoubi-doos.

I had a Tamogotchi, I still no where it is, but the batteries have been dead for so many years, I liked it, but after that, I got a digimon thingy. (I prefered tamogotchi over digivice any day)

I remember tamagotci, those things where aweseome, you could make a fish, or a dog, or cat, or a dinosaur, or all sorts of things, and stuff, and then when you wanted them to die you just take a pen and jab it into the reset button and wow :P, make a new demonic creature and spend your life taking care of it, I can't believe I ever had one now that I look back...

i got 1... digimon... i bring it to my school, not only me.. everyone else.. its a craze at that time... everyone was battling, and such... one time the principal made a inspection and... the reuslts... a plasticbag full off tamagotchi...

Yep, I actualy had 2 tamagotchis as a kid, when I was 3rd and 4th grade (9-10 years) to be more exact :D

They were really fun for me to care about them as I couldn't have a pet in my house so I had to find a better toy to play with. They were the boom in my country at the time and almost every single kid had one.

Also, the reset button on the back of the tamagotchi was awesome! You can't do that with a regular pet if you didn't know! :D

My brother broke one because he wanted to make me sad and nervous, and I lost the another one—but it didn't matter because I was like over it the next day.

Crazy japanese people! :D

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

I remember, it was so strange that almost in one week everyone I knew in class, in yard, all the kids got a tamaguci (aka digipet) and in class everyone were taking care of it, feeding, healing and so on.. teacher did not like it, the sounds and etc. But the not so fun part that after 12-24 days the digipet died for almost everyone and with time the fashion has gone quite fast, even playing and buying/exchanging Caps and Yo-Yos have lasted longer in my country :D