xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Atom Chip - Super Computer belive it or not

READ THIS

I have read today in the newspaper about a company that produced a super computer using atom chips (never heard of that technology). Take a look at the link above. Even in the news paper they wonder if this a a hoax .... So what do you think?

not bad, but making computer chips that small have been going on a for a few years now, even as small that you needa microscope to see them, but that is pretty powerful for that size though.

Wow, must have been an experienced company, I can't think of how fast computers will get, when things are going to get that smaller. Also, there's no way that the components made by that company can fit in any PC, they should make their own brand, which MIGHT screw BILL GATES up.

Damn-That's some hot crap there. I'd love to get my hands on one of those, it must freakin FLY through C++ compiling, brush loading (jeez, that's a pain, and I've got a GIG of ram), Desktop/Style changing (that takes a few seconds too, gets annoying if you change as often as I do). Etc.6.8 GHz Processors?1 TB of ram!! 2 TB HDDs?Must I use exclimation marks??!!Panda

The Register did an article on this, but I couldn't find anything on Tom's Hardware or Anandtech. TheReg was not impressed, but did report the booth at which the company will be demonstrating its wares come January's Consumer Electronics Show:

We'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ must admit, we're a trifle sceptical, but Gendlin has his patent - and more pending, apparently - and so we look forward to seeing Atom Chip's kit in the flesh at CES. The company is scheduled to demonstrate its wares on Booth 36604.

There was one thread on TH (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) that heavily dismissed the claims of this technology. They said that even if it could present 1 TB to a processor it's doubtful a processor could address even a fraction of it. I guess we'll find out when they give out samples for people to run through the standard benchmarks.

i hope the nanoelechtronics come fast, i'm wating to use a squared cube of 1mm with all i need, music, games, video, phone, internet, and all you want in a simple box