xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

Us Peace Activist Arrested And His Visia C Anti-terrosit law bites peace activists

I heared from the TV news a while ago that an American citizen is in custody in Melbourne Australia.

The American teacher Scott Parkin came to Australia in June on a six-month visitor's visa. Scott has complied with that visa completely . But he was arrested yesterday after his visa cancelled because, the Anti-Deportation Alliance says, he is considered a threat to national security

He is US peace activist and anti Iraq war compainer. He has attended a number of protests in Australia but has done nothing wrong .Greens leader in Australia wants to know who ordered Mr Parkin's deportation.

"I'd like to know whether the orders for his arrest came from the Pentagon," he said.

The Federal Attorney-General of Australia said "the decision was based upon a security assessment" and the "decision that's been taken by the Minister for Immigration ". and added that "there are provisions by which the decisions can be challenged if people are inclined to do that." That mean challenge is possible

The anti-terrorsim law is against terrorists and not against peace activists.

don't you know how dangerous peace activists are? They always try to disturb you while you're trying to send your armies to war...

You might want to have a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ since kasm's version is somewhat shortened (though he got the basic facts right)...

185064[/snapback]

Nothing brainless has added more than the facts I already reported when I told:

He is US peace activist and anti Iraq war compainer. He has attended a number of protests in Australia but has done nothing wrong .

Brainless give a web page where that news posted in forum called marxism somewhere . A member of that forum has posted this news as I posted it here in Xisto forum. I don't know the purpose of that?. All the Australian newspaper today has published that news. But this not mean that he is marxist and if so , the free domecratic country doesn't criminalised that. By the way I don't know him or I didn't hear about him never before but through ABC tv news [our governement free non comercial TV- The Australian Broadcating Corporation]. Even I am not member in participation in any movement or any parties. I don't attend any metting or conference except scientific ones. But I was feel free that I do that when I want. I aware of my right and about every issues and activities in my county and all the world from 50 years.

The question is about freedom of speach which we will loose it falsely by anti-terrorist laws and that nothing to do with security matter. By the way the UK terrorist laws since Irish attacks didn't prevent the London bombers. So they need another measures and will need more and until the freedom that gained in two hundred years will go.

I've just searched for a link giving more detailed information on the case and posted it here; I did not mean to attack you in anyway (I appreciate that you felt the urge to post this story here :P since this has neither been published in the german press nor on the german indymedia site yet :/). As this has not been on german news (yet?), I dare to say that this story might not have leaked to other parts of the world as well, therefore we would have had to rely on your post, backed by nothing but your quotiation of "TV news" which is, excuse me, not too reliable since scientific research showed that the average person memorizes only about 10% of what is said on the TV.
I have to admit, choosing the first google search result for <"scott parkin" melbourne "peace activist"> wasn't too good since many people have prejudices towards marxism and therefore tend to not believe information published on a marxist mailing list.
well, here's the ABC article for all those who don't want to hear stories from marxist mailing lists: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'll just quote someone whose name I've unfortunately forgotten, it says about the same as you said:

Those who give up fndamental freedoms in favor of a false sense of security will lose both freedom and security.

well yeah i have to agree peace activist are a threat cuz all it takes is one to plant the idea to blow something up, i won't go into detail on that, but yeah i agree he deserved, if your not part of the solution of peace then your a problem.