xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosuto

Tablets Where to get them and how much are they?

I've heard you can get tablet pens on eBay for like 20 dollars sometimes but those are old ones. My friends say you can get them at Future Shop but I haven't seen them or know the prices... If anyone knows anything about where to get digital tablet pens and the prices for the good quality ones then can you please help?

A free bit of advice :a) If it ain't a wacom, don't bother. I mean it.:( Size ain't everything, unless you're Lord Expansive Drawer who draws with wide, sweeping motions. I have a 6"x8", and i usually end up resizing the active area to about half that. Don't pay for what you won't use.Now, with that said, i own a Wacom Graphire3 6"x8" tablet - kinda entry level, but it's pretty awesome. If I had a choice, i would gone for the smaller Intuos (mmm, clickwheel), but it was a present, so no dice. In any case, the graphire cost about $200 - australian, mind you - a year ago. I have no idea what that translates into in US dollars.Lastly, tablets rocksor, but aren't panaceas for bad drawing skills, and additionally the first few times you use a tablet your accuracy will suck, guaranteed. I pride myself on my control of a pen and ability to draw perfect lines, sans a ruler, but my attempts to o the familiarisation excercises the first few times ( draw a grid, then circle and cross the intersections ) failed, miserably.Now go forth and find a nice WACOM tablet :P

well you could go to their website and see if you can buy direct, maybe : else, find your closest computer shop. Assuming you don't live out in the sticks (rural australia) like me, you should be able to find a shop that carries them. Look around on the internet for prices first, though, to avoid getting ripped off.