xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dbh

Favorite Instant Messenger Which one do you like best?

Hi everyone I was wondering which IM have you used or are you using now?I have MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and AIM installed on my computer right now. But I use MSN most of the time since it's where most of my contacts are.:) I tried Trillian as well but I abandoned it since it doesn't have audio or video capabilities.I've also heard of open source IMs but I haven't really tried them.Any ideas or experiences?

Yeah yahoo indeed has the best user interface I think. But considering most of my contacts don't use yahoo...Is there a really decent IM out there that supports all of yahoo, MSN, aim?

I think you should either try Trillian or GAIM. They are made to support AIM, MSN, Yahoo and ICQ. Try them and see which one you like better.

AIM is the best in my opinion. Although I've never tried Yahoo, I can say that MSN and ICQ aren't good at all. MSN really sucks *bottom*, it has a horrible graphical interface, and the layout just really sucks...you can't adjust your settings easily...if you're even lucky to figure out where you adjust your settings! ICQ isn't as bad as MSN, but it's pretty close. Having to send people invites to join your buddy list kind of defeats the purpose. It's really retarded in my opinion.

I have AOL Instant Messanger, but that's just because it defaulted with the software. Normally, I don't chat very much, but I do find it very easy to use and customize. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I cant put up my own Icons...or at least i havn't figured out how to do that yet.

msn and aim. no other messanger, yahoo sucks, you need a yahoo acount. cant use other email acounts.

You are saying that for using yahoo messenger we need a yahoo account. It is right. But I want to know that on msn and aim can we use other email accounts????? I don't think so please clarify????

You are saying that for using yahoo messenger we need a yahoo account.  It is right. But I want to know that on msn and aim can we use other email accounts????? I don't think so please clarify????

Yes...I am afraid that MSN can use other emails for account. I am using Gmail for my MSN messenger account...some even use Yahoo! for MSN...
I do not know about AIM though...

I use ICQ because all my friends use it, although I don't like the design.I've never tried MSN, AIM (and probably I never will) but I think I'll give GAIM a try.I just hope that it's stable and won't crash my computer.

i like AIM...its not good for anything other than just talking to your buds though, none of that extra stuff where you can webcam and what not...i think its possible but no one really uses it, im gonna try out MSN tho

trillian and gaim are pretty good, but the thing i dont like about them is that with them, u loose all of the features of the different im softwares that make them unique. U loose the skins in Yahoo, u loose voice and video in aim, and u loose whatever msn has..... i dont think any1 uses icq, but if they do, and if icq has any features, then u'll lose them 2! just install all three, thats what i did(well actually 2, since msn is standard on all windows machines-i dont think u can uninstall either....) damn passport, i h8 it sooo much! :rolleyes::angry::D:D;):o;)

I've always tried AIM, but that's because the majority of the people use aim and not yahoo, msn, or the such. There's always those 2 or 3 people that use yahoo or msn.For that, I'd use gaim or trillian. I don't use these(even though there better than aim) because there's no direct connect.