xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Live For Speed Did you knew about it?

This is their homepage: https://www.lfs.net/https://www.lfs.net/
You can always get the Demo version which has 3 cars, 3 tracks (both forwards and backwards), but for some extra bucks you can get the full version (s2), which is, in my opinion pretty cool.

"LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving."

You can steer by using the wheel, the mouse (pretty cool huh?), or the keyboard. You can also get a cockpit view, which is my favorite you see the wheel and everything. I have managed to get S2, and I must say that it's pretty cool! You got lots of cars and tracks, a lot of space to have some *real* fun

I was a NFS fan before (before they launched hot pursuit 2) as I really liked viewing the cockpit (especially in NFS 5 - Porsche 2000 ) but now that they managed to get this game to an "arcade only" point i'm no longer enjoying it.

Live for speed seems the right simulator for me as I had and still having a lot of fun with both demo and s2 versions. Anyways, it takes a bit to get used to the keyboard controls: changing the view, viewing the forces, resetting the car (in case you got flipped over), switching the gears etc.

So... check it up! Tell me what you think.

Among all the racing simulators I liked Collin Mc Crae Rally 2005 the best. Has very good detail of everything that sorrounds you, high level graphics, support for most graphics cards that are not even in middle-end. Pretty much runs smooothly on my computer which you can't call a new one :P Also would like to mention Need for speed but I hope no additional comments are necessasry as everyone probably already tried those series.