xisto Community
Saint_Michael

[+]saint-michael's Movie Review[+] Exorcism of Emily Rose

Well i just got from one of the greatest suspense movies i have seen in a long time, well since i saw skeleton key which was sweet as well. Just to give you an idea of what the movie is based off of here is an excerpt of the true story of Emily Rose ( Real Name Anneliese Michel)

From her birth on the 21st of September, 1952, Anneliese Michel enjoyed the life of a normal, religiously nurtured young girl. Without warning, her life changed on a day in 1968 when she began shaking and found she was unable to control her body. She could not call out for her parents, Josef and Anna, or any of her 3 sisters. A neurologist at the Psychiatric Clinic Wurzburg diagnosed her with "Grand Mal" epilepsy. Because of the strength of the epileptic fits, and the severity of the depression that followed, Anneliese was admitted for treatment at the hospital.

Soon after the attacks began, Anneliese started seeing devilish grimaces during her daily praying. It was the fall of 1970, and while the young people of the world were enjoying the liberal freedoms of the time, Anneliese was battling with the belief that she was possessed. It seemed there was no other explanation for the appearance of devilish visions during her prayers. Voices also began following her, saying Anneliese will "stew in hell". She mentioned the "demons" to the doctors only once, explaining that they have started to give her orders. The doctors seem unable to help, and Anneliese lost hope that medicine was going to be able to cure her.

To read the rest of the True Story of Emily Rose [+}Click Here [+]

well not to ruin the movie and the awesome suspense that was used alot of well known actors that i have the guy who played the biritsh ambassador in Rush hour was in it, the guy who played tom cruises boss in mission im possible one (ok so i don't remember their names but once you see it you know who they are.)

EDITORS NOTESAW A PREVIEW TO SAW II and its more sick and twisted then the first one :):):D .

On to the review, being somewhat of a lengends and myth bust and seeing movies on the darker side of religion, i would have to say this is in the top movies to the likes of STIGMATA, the exorcist (which in fact came out during the timeline of events of this movie), anyways, i was actually nervouse waiting for something to happen to the cast of characters and it does, the best of all was special effects that where used on some of the actors as well, they were sicked and twisted as well. but the one thing that blew mind was the way the actress the played emily rose and to constrict here body in different positions, you would actually thing the girl was possessed. I even jumped at a few scenes, thats how scared i was, which made the movie even cooler.

but the movies was also informative as well, like the fact that in order to succed in the exorcism you must get the demon(s) to say their name and the fact that i guess up to 6 demons including the man himself lucifer maybe in the body. but what i will tell you from the movie the demons that posses her, also possesed Judas Iscariot, Nero, Cain, Hitler, and Fleischmann, and the big man himelf lucifer, talk about some sick and twisted evil right their most of these names, you may remeber but for those who don't well i will you a brief histroy lesson

Judas Iscariot-christian religion was the one to betray jesus

Nero-went crazy and burned down ancient Rome

Cain- Killed his brother able making that the second sin of man.

Hitler- need i same more...nope

Fleischmann-disgraced Frankish Priest from the 16th century

Lucifer-do i really need to explain him?

anyways i give this the ULTIMATE RATING 5/5 in seeing the movie more then once and buying the dvd as well.

these are my words thus should not be taking liklyu for who knows i might possess YOU!!! :D:(:):):P:(

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Moved from General Talk

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I've been wanting to see this movie as well. Ever since i saw the Amityville Horror movie, the new one, and the old ones, i've been interested in horror movies that are based on true stories. I believe the Exoricism of Anneliese Michel was one of the few, if not the only exorcism that ever made it to court. I always read up on the truth before going to watch the movie and see how faithful these movies are to the actual events. Just looking at the trailers for The Exorcism of Emily Rose is something. Hearing the voice of that girl change so dramatically is just insane stuff. S_M, how faithful was the movie to the real story?

well the had the trial and from what i read on the true story it is pretty accurate except for names why they never went with the original names who knows, it follows the story pretty well in some aspects, but remember how directors like to add seom stuff to it, but still it is a pretty good movie none the less.also i hear rumors about the amityville horror being remade or it already hasa been made.

also i hear rumors about the amityville horror being remade or it already hasa been made.

There are like 3 or more movies on the Amityville Horror story. The one that came out this year was based on the latest owner of the house. The old ones were based on previous owners. Pretty accurate to the true story for the one that came out this year. But, not so much for the scene of the dog dying, and the scene where the priest comes in. But, it cleared up some things that the story i read about it didnt explain. But, i still dont know why it took them 28 days to move out. If the movie was more detailed like the story, the movie would have been more freaky. What i read that happened in that house during the time of their stay was something.

well from what i know about the true story to amittyville horror is that the son went crazy and butcherd the family, i know number 3 was the 3-D, but i never really got into that series due to it being so old (70's old).

That one you're talking about, about the son killing his family, that one was about the previous owner of the house. The movie that came out this year is about the owners of the house after that incident.

so the timeline of the movies would go like this thenAmittyville HorrorThe New Amittyville HorroII3-Dfill in the blanks if im missing anything but it should only be four movies that i know of.

I havent seen the "3-D" one, but it's hard to find old movies.But as far as my knowledge goes i can only name 2, but yea i'm sure there are like 4 movies in total.(Listed from newest to oldest) (* = Dont know the name of)1. The Amityville Horror2. Amityville 2: The Possesion3. *4. *

Ok, Nero did not burn down Rome. He was crazy but he wasn't possessed. None of those guys were actually possessed. It's called murder or genocide or indifference. Hitler felt anger towards Jewish people and tried to destroy them. Cain killed his brother because he was jealous. The fire in Rome was actually caused by something else but according to mythology, he played a violin as it burned. However, Nero did dress up in peasant clothes and run through the streets beating people who couldn't hit him back because he was the emperor. He also blocked off streets and started reciting poetry and singing. People would pretend to be dead so they could leave. (Lemony Snicket got that part right!)Judas I really have no idea about, but money is money, after all. You can't say he was possessed for accepting bribes. And that's the end of my rant.

Under the law it's called genocide. Under religion, after tests that prove positive, it's known as being possessed, thus an exorcism is declared. The thing about the amityville horror, when police went to investigate, most cops were scared out of the house, because the ghosts became apparent, moving objects infront of them, and whatnot. As for Anneliese Michel, when a person starts doing "their business" on the floor, and eating nothing but insects, can over power 3 men, starts talking in several dark voices, it becomes a whole different ordeal.

A part of me wants to see the movie, and a part of me is telling me...don't. The part of me that is telling me don't is winning.Just the previews freaked me out enough, that i dont want to see it. Most movies dont scare me, i litterly fell asleep watching the ring. But this one...i just get good vibes from it i guess.I cant believe its out on dvd already when did it go into theatres i foget...So the court scene...thats because someone sued the priest or something? Am i wrong? Its probably a really good movie, but i wont be seeing it.