xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

President Yushchenko Of Ukraine Fires Government Corruption in Ukraine

Ukraine President Viktor Yushchenko has sacked his entire 7-month-old government citing corruption included Prime Minister Yulia Tymoschenko..

It is the first scandal under Yushchenko, who was elected after an "Orange Revolution". Since the break-up of the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine has been often rated one of the world's most corrupt countries .

"I am setting before the new team one task -- the ability to work as one ... The moment is right when (the old team) have lost their team spirit," Reuters quoted Yushchenko as saying.

"We need to halt the disappointment in society and make sure that ideals (of the Orange Revolution) are not cast into doubt," he said.

hmm ... ukraine ... the problem of corruption is everywhere in the world .... it is more serious in those poor countries ... i do not think there's a way to stop corruption before the country gets on track with the rest of the world ...

The Ukraine must not be a democratic country because where I live we elect our leaders. I do think its funny that he fired his government though, but if they were no longer doing a good job I guess its ok as long as the people of Ukraine approve :) .