xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluhapp

My Second Sig

this is my second try using various tutorials i found here and the net

Posted Image

any comments and critics?

well be being the Sig Guru S&M i will start off with you sig.i see you going for the pop out sig and it looks good with what your doing with him hanging upside down. but thats the only good thing about it.the text is ok but could have used a stroke around especially the small text, maybe use the satin in it to blend the text with the color of the background just a little bit., also use the drop shadow with the text as well.with the renders i would have added drop shadow to give them a little depth to them due to the flat nature of the background.lose the dots, they don't help with the background at all., i highly recommend downloading my brushes package at my filefile front account which i have the link posted in the resources forum. cuz you need some work with that are as well.and last but not least put a stroke around hte border of the sig as well.but ok fora second sig.6/10

good attempt for a 2nd sig but you should of lowered the opacity of the scan lines and maybe put the layer mode on either overlay/soft light.my recomendation is d/ling brushes, i would recomend getting saint micheals though, my friend d/ld a 300 mb brush pack (mega) and his list was full and he was only up to c (1027 x 728 or w/e it is), you should also get fonts and some forums have font packs that should be around 20 mb.you should at least have a 1 pixel stroke for a border or maybe look at my border tut :).With the render i dont understand why 1 of the renders are behind the scan lines and the other one isnt.With the pixel font you should put the mode to none, this makes it so the text doesnt look blury

ok thanks... the render thing. i remove the dots from his face because with the dots, his face look ugly. ill try better next time. saint michael, its 42% downloading your brush sets. hehe

how about this one?

i made it in 20 minutes... :) hope youll like it. yay, i got 3 siggies

oooops.. wrong image.. i wonder where is the edit function in this forum?

Posted Image

When you have a popout, the bit that's coming out of the signature, must be whole (that's the point of a popout - so the render is not restrained by the sig's borders). Thus, the top right corner really detracts from it, as his axe is chopped (excuse the pun).The background is a little plain - do some more brushing or effects in the back, and whilst scanlines are all good, lower the opacity of them, so they don't dominate so much. The main text is nice, but I wouldn't recommend having the pixel text over the render.Fix up the render first, and it'll look much better.

oh im going to tear this one about due to my experiance with pop out sigs.1. save it as png file or you will never get the transparent background you need.2. NEVER and i mean NEVER usea cut off render like that, its horrible way to do it and you will get slammed on that every time.3. if your going to use scamlines make sure they are not in focus that much and that they are not in the transparent background or you will get bad ratings on that.4. when you plan on doing a pop up make sure to doing all the background stuff first and when you are ready to stretch the canvas out use the marquee tool to highlight it then stretch it out so you can make any changes that need be then begin editing the render into the background mind you that it stay on top of everything.also don't forget a border as well,also keep on working on the text with the stroke and drop shadow. alog with brushing keep working at it.we have some tutorials for sigging but best thing to do is go to gamerenders.com the got all the tutorials that you will need for sigging.

Posted Image

how about this one? takes me about 1 hour to finish it (noobie me)

ooops.. sorry for double post but.. that is not the image i meant the image i meant is this one

Posted Image

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
There is no edit button in our forum. Please use the PREVIEW POST feature before making your submission.

That is an awesome sig.Love the sticky tape concept with the angled sig. Totally original, and fitting with the given greyish colour of the sig. The popout render is cut well, nice to have two parts popping out. Background is simple, but I don't see it needing any changing. Main text as script is nice, it gives the sig a feel of nostalgica/rememberance kind of thing. I would just get rid of the pixel text and choose a more formal font.

thanks for the reply... i got the idea when i say some posters on my wall. its on the sticky tape and its taped not straigth enaugh... whaddya mean change the pixel font. can you recomend some other font that matches well with my sig ?

I don't like the background it seems to smudged and the dots are a bit to far apart for my liking.The splinter cell guy has some kinda dot near his head that makes it messy.6/10