xisto Community
cse-icons

Ipod Nano New Ipod

hi friends,Apple has released a new version of Ipod. Actually it replaces the Ipod mini in the ipod series. It is called the Ipod Nano.It is actually a slim ipod, 1.6 x 3.5 x .27 in size and weighs 1.5 ounces approx 43 grams.It includes a color display and capability to view images and slideshows...The battery life has also been extended.Chek out the detailed comparison chart at the apple website...Cheers.

An iPod that is that small would be pointless for showing images and slideshows on, you wouldn't be able to see anything!Eventually they're just going to get too small to use.

An iPod that is that small would be pointless for showing images and slideshows on, you wouldn't be able to see anything!

Eventually they're just going to get too small to use.

183543[/snapback]

Well, not necessarily. The only thing that they changed in terms of size is the height of the ipod. Instead of being 2 inches for the normal ipod, the nano will be MUCH smaller than 2 inches. The screen width won't be changed that much displaying images won't be a problem.

I agree with you about the size not being able to use though. If they get anymore skinnier, then the ipod will be easier to snap in half, and that would be bad. :)

I saw a pretty funny (fake) video on GPrime. It is a fake advertisement for the "iPod Flea". It play's one song over and over and over. It shows a variety of products that go along with it, including:

The Flea Collar, a collar that you wear on your neck, that carries many iPod Fleas.

The iPod Flea control kit, including a magnifying glass, and a poker to operate the microscopic buttons on the flea.

The extra battery, a car battery sized battery, that you put anywhere on the headphones, to increase battery life.

The flea bag, a backpack to hold all this crap.

This is quite funny, and it actually looks pretty professional, but you may disagree.

The image links posted by Masked are really nice and look cool...hmm... what wud Apple guys think of the look... maybe will get something like that in the future...As for the screen size it is the same as Ipod mini, only that now it is color and the thickness of the ipod is the one that has changed more than nything else...Cheers

It looks very nice.. Surely it's receive a good customer support.It's very "cool" :P and has everything we want on an audio player: MP3, USB 2.0, FM Radio, FM and voice recorder. Maybe what's missing is an equalizer though i really don't need it anyway.I got a nice deal of an iPod Nano 512MB costing €99.. It's not that expensive cause it's still on the launching price. (I think)

these came out like a week after i got my iPod mini. A friend got one of these nanos and personally i think they are too small.....I have big fingers and I myself find the pad hard to operate without hitting the middle button. And it is true, they need to stop making these things so friggin small..

pfft.. I got the email apple email :P I think it looks kinda cute and I was hoping for a smaller ipod.. I still think it looks too big and I don't really need the color screen and other stuff as I'm probably just going to listen to it not stare at the screen all the time.I MIGHT get this because it's kind of cheap but then again I might not.

well this is simply cool!such a small size...I want to buy one but(I dont know why is this but with me only) it is not released in India yet!Although they are putting it's AD on the Indian version website which is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Still when I went to store I was not able to find the IPOD NANO over there.also what I think is that in few year to come infact few months to come people will stop buying IPOD'S the reason being these days the way mobile phones are coming up with huge memories and there ability to play the diff. format, I am sure people will prefer to purchase a phone which plays MP3, clicks photos and can be used as a phone as well. For e.g. Nokia is coming up with nokia N series....one of them is having 4 GB space!Ipod nano is a good product but I have an eye over Nokia N-series as well!

It looks kinda cool. It's so thin though. I'd be scared I was going to break it! Especially since it looks than other iPods (although, I know it's not...it's just skinnier.Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer my 3G iPod. It's bigger, thicker, it doesn't have a colour screen, but I don't need to view pictures on it, and at least I know I'm not going to break it!