xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

T1-83 Plus Calculator Cant Afford It?

TI-83 Plus Calculator

It Can cost About 100 US Dollars $$$. For just a calculator. Well If you are going to use it only at house or have a laptop. You Can Download An emulator. This Really Helped me on my work. I Brother bought one but he lost it. I needed it today! :) My teacher last year gave us a link of where to download one but i dint catch it so i searched my self i couldnt never find it but i did. Here is an example of how it looks like :).

t1839mu.png

Download

If The link is broken, doesnt work please tell me.

-Microsoft

Slightly illegal, but who cares?Nice, I paid $90~ for this calc. back in... 7th grade? Wow.. talk about ancient history.Don't see the point in having a calculator for 'just' at home, you can google complicated problems and get the answers at home.Whatever, sure this helps someone.Panda

nah yester day i search google all day! i found some things but i needed to graph alot ect. so i used the calculator :/ ive never used a calculator thas not at home :/ only in school but they provided for us. My 6th grade teacher who was also our 8th grade teacher gave us a link to help us do our work :/. I wouldnt buy it for a year or 2. Theres betters stuff out there. I would donate the money that i was going to spend in calc. to new orleans :) :)

I'm not sure about the emulator's licence [there might be a clause like "you've gotta own one of these machines to use the emulator"] but AFAIK there are free calculator emulators available on ti.com ... I got the TI-83 for school and did some of my homework using the emulator, too...

i got the Ti-89 Titanium or whatever version it was. Who cares planitnum or aluminum. lol. I can't believe my dad bought me it $150. I've had it for about a year already. I told himt o buy the one ti-83 which I"m more accustomed to. But no!!! he had to buy one that's way more complicated. I haven't even found out how to put games on there. lol.

I have a TI83 (normal, not plus) on loan from the resource room at school, because i do maths B and C. We rent them out for $30 Australian a year and give them back at the end.

Personally, i must say this : ti83s rule for everything, once you learn how to use them as a tool (and not a crutch). There's nothing like hacking out some integral calculus and then being able to check whether you screwed up by doing numeric integration on the graphics calc (83's don't do symbolic integration, 89's do i think). And then there's the games that everyone else has on their calcs.

(you know you can get Descent for the ti83?)

Anyways, a quick google for ti89 emulator turns up http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tiemu/, a nice open-source emulator for pretty much everything upwards of the ti-84, though not 83's or 82's (damn!). You can run it on OSX too, which is a big plus for me, because the official TI one only runs on win32.

i hated that calculator when i was in high school...too bad i didnt know about this while i was there...but i needed the real one anyway to have during class too, but when i didnt feel like bringin it home i could've just downloaded this and it been fine...the ways of technology...and i always find it late

I am loving you and hating you at the same time Microsoft. Why didn't you tell me this sooner?!!?!?

Wow that is a fancy calculator I don't expect to see that in college. The download is not illegal because the link shows that its from the Texas Instruments website (which I believe is http://www.ti.com/). If its not from there it is illegal because of copyright infringement.

183627[/snapback]

lol college im in 9th grade (High School) and im using it :P