xisto Community
askingboss

Paypal ...

I have a paypal account and i'm pretty sure so do most of you people on this forum. I have recently recived a payment over paypal which was $200 USD and only way i could receive it after i already accepted it was to upgrade my account to either business or premier so i chose premier because it looked pretty much just like business and sounded cooler lol. Anyways then they subtracted $6.90 USD from the money transferred althought it was supposed to be a free transfer :S. When you come to think about it, paypal is a pretty neat scam. No one ever notices it except for people that actually look into it but paypal makes soo much money of the people that use it. I'm dissapointed that a company famous world wide even chanrges for transfers taht they say are free of chanrge and rip people off.

Hey,Buddy it's a business. They've gotta make their money somewhere. Where do you think the money from their Free accounts comes from? Hate to break it, but that's business. And plus, a $6.90 @ $200 processing fee isn't bad, I charge more for clients that insist upon paying cash, opposed to with checks. (And I get free checking.. so it doesn't matter, it's all profit) :)Panda

maybe you should have gotten a small amount of money each time so you ouldn't have to upgrade to business. and i don't think its that much money anyway, but since you have a busiess acount then they probbably think that your doing business, and they take money off.

All charge money. 2CO.com charges 5% flat + $0.45 for processing. Even merchant accounts charge money. The thing is, they have to charge this amount as processing charges because i believe they have to pay a part of this money to the CC company providing this service. Anyway, its how the world works. Nothing comes free :)

PayPal is something that I can not stand. It is good for some people and for others things are just no good. And I am in Australia and don't have a credit card so I cant use Pay Pal. And with what I have just heard I dont think I will ever use them :|

well i hard this is the best place for money transfer and to buy things with. I know many ppl with these account and they say that its great and you dont get ripped off at all. But i guess taking a little bit from every transfer wont hurt as long is its not to much money. But if i was every needed something like that i would go with paypal just becuase they have a well known name out there.

I was the the naive person at first thinking it was free if i didn't upgraded. But they wanted me to upgrade and then add a credit card or checking account. SO my money is in there stuck with no way to get out. lol. But i'll get a credit card soon. hopefully and use the money. See at first i was all happy when i got money. but now i'm paypal is not hot anymore.

Au Contraire-Paypal will be hot for a very long time, or at least until people stop buying stuff over the internet (i'd say, 50 +/- years). A variation, or the same company, will exist for quite a while. It's a convinient way to transfer money, and for companies to recieve credit transactions without registering and paying those evil monthly fees, to the credit acception companies.I recently paid Xisto - Web Hosting with PayPal, and I had to transfer slightly more than the $14.95 to cover the 3% charge- only a few cents on the dollar.Just to re-iterate, it's business, and you can't have business without cash-flow.Panda

Alot of people I know have bought stuff off of Pay Pal and I have never heard them complain. I do not see why you need to upgrade your account to get your money though. Paying $6 to get $200 is not a big deal at all. Would you rather drive or fly to where the money is. It would eat up your $200 thats for sure.

Well I never used Paypal on my life, mainly because i never really need it and i don't want to break their Terms of Service when there's money related. :ph34r:I already heard lots of bad reviews about it, people who got ripped off or something like that, and, of course, the good reviews where it's the best company in the world bla bla.. Well everything has it's good and bad side, and as everyone already said companies need profit.And profit is income money. :D I think paypal is very nice when comparing with another internet money companies, or they wouldn't get so famous after all..

I have a paypal account and i'm pretty sure so do most of you people on this forum. I have recently recived a payment over paypal which was $200 USD and only way i could receive it after i already accepted it was to upgrade my account to either business or premier so i chose premier because it looked pretty much just like business and sounded cooler lol. Anyways then they subtracted $6.90 USD from the money transferred althought it was supposed to be a free transfer :S. When you come to think about it, paypal is a pretty neat scam. No one ever notices it except for people that actually look into it but paypal makes soo much money of the people that use it. I'm dissapointed that a company famous world wide even chanrges for transfers taht they say are free of chanrge and rip people off.

183302[/snapback]

Paypal is always ripping people off one way or another, they make it sound so easy to join and get an account, and then once you join you have to verify your bank account which takes like 3-4 days then you have to wait like 2 weeks for everything to go through and then they tell you for security reasons we have suspended your account and then you have to do a bunch of *BLEEP* then to get your account reinstated and by that time they have sucked money out of your bank account and usurped your intelligence to the point your are completely dumbfound. I mean really, do they need to make a book Paypal for dummies?

My dad got a paypal accopunt and after going through the bank account scheme he said forget it, screw that, this is a bunch of bull-cr-a-p. So before you open up a paypal account thinking ok this is gonna be easy, wait a minute now, its not easy its not fun and its certainly not simple.

Xad

6 dollars.. no big deal... if they didnt take your money... then how will their site is up? they need money to keep their business grow...what if they unexpectedly bankrupts.. and takes all your 200 ? now thats a rip-off haha

how else would they make there money? Business is a business and of course its going to subtract some money that they pocket. How else would they stay open and run the way they do. I believe they take out $0.30 and then like 2% which isnt that much money but can be mattering how much your recieving. Paypal is big enough and so known now that they can charge people without losing members.

well of course after i went to this website https://www.aboutpaypal.org/, it convince me never to get an account from them at all.a bunch of thieves taking peoples money and not givign a reason why they do it, they should be shutdown since they are not reconized by the fcc at all, which tells you something about that since paypal is somewhat a bank.