xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
askingboss

Mx510 logitech mouse

I know that a lot of you gamers like to use logitech mice because they are the most comfortable ones to use. And MX510 was probably the one mostly advertised. I want to know who here uses MX510 and what kind of problems are the most frequent that you have had with this mouse. I myself use it and find that there are some minor problems in with the mouse that show the low quality of the product. For example the left click button wears off too fast. What i mean is i have 2 mice at the moment one is MX510 and the other is Microsoft IntelliPoint and i have been using IntelliPoint for a year before i got my MX and yet it is still in good shape while MX left button is not working coz the plastic inside (the area that clicks the button) wear off :S... Anyone else have this problem.... i already know another person who i know in real life who had gone through this.

I also hoad a minor problem with my left click on blue MX510 and couldn't do anything about it - it kept on making this weird click noise with the plastic led. I finally got really pissed off and called to Logitech customer support with which later on I was very surprised - they immidiately sent me the new mouse and I never had any problem with it. I hope it was one of the bad series of the mouse. I also heard later from my friend that the problem with the led can be easily sold by taking the mouse apart and cleaning the cover, because as he said sometimes it gets dirty inside and the led gets blocked inside or something like that.

My guess is that it was just a bad batch, I have a very similar mouse. The one that comes with the logitech mx duo. Basically a wireless version of what you have I think and I have had it for a while now with no problems at all except the smooth feet things underneath are started to wear down.

Well, my current mouse is one of the Logitech Cordless ones (not the MX510). I have no problems with it. However, I did own a MX510 and it was buggy. It somethimes refused to work at all. I would be moving it like crazy and it would sit there. Tempted me to throw it out the window more than once.