xisto Community
Microsoft

Donate Red Cross R-Rated?

i clicked on A sig with the redcross button the link is

http://www.redcross.org/

im in school and alot of things are blocked i went to that site and i got this:

Internet access to the requested website has been denied based on your user profile and organization's Internet Usage Policy.

User/Machine: UISD\student-R3000\46479 

IP:  10.2.21.5 

Category:  R Rated

Blocked URL:   http://www.redcross.org/

Why is it R Rated?

Notice from serverph:
please use the quote tags as needed. otherwise, credits earned for the whole post will be deducted from the hosting credits system. please comply.
Edited by serverph (see edit history)

the only thing i could think of is that the meta tag key words have something the system admin put in to block oe the fact that it is a store.

store. There rated r :) well. Theres this friend i had last year that he knew how to hack, :) well he did exploited a bug in a site to cheat in a game. well anyways he said he knew how to unblock things :/

Dont donate to red cross because they just try to make profit off all the disaters that happen.You should donate to the churches because as you see red cross isnt doing anything at all and from the news down here red cross will be closing their shelter for the people in new orleans at the end of the week.And we are still donating to the.Red cross is just a big scam and I rather donate to the government before I donate to them.

O_o.. yea my mother donated it to the church. :( i heard ill take 3-4 weeks just to get the water out, my teacher thinks ill take a year to rebuild it :P and our milatary cant help becasue there in a war with iraq, so some mexican soldiers are helping. the taxes might go up to be able to pay the destruction

i clicked on  A sig with the redcross button the link is

Why is it R Rated?

Notice from serverph:
please use the quote tags as needed. otherwise, credits earned for the whole post will be deducted from the hosting credits system. please comply.

183264[/snapback]

Did you click on my sig? :P

well I think that donating to red-cross, CRY or any other charity is good the reason being they actually work for the welfare of diff. people...it's not that these people are working for the profit...these are non-profit making organizations...they just take normal salary and work all day hard to help people.

I know one person who work for CRY and I see myself how much effort they put in to help the poor childern and help them to study and give them food and other essential things which are required to lead a simple life.

So dont think this way that they dont work and dont use the money you donate...it is used properly and benefits lots of people

I suppose Michael's right ... if you're going to donate to the Cross, you might want to do so via the national red cross website (US: http://www.redcross.org/)

acidify: well, due to the events right after the storm hit New Orleans I dare say that it's not the Crossies' fault that they were unable to do anything. I don't know about the US Red Cross but here in Germany, some hundred Crossies, 200 Johanniter members [another organization like the Cross] some national THW troops [tech assistance ... they brought a couple of high-powered pumps along] were already prepared to fly there but did not get the permission to do so until days after it all began. In Sweden, there was a system to make the water drinkable [urgently needed] ready to be brought to the USA by a plane. Other helpers were on their way but did not get the permission to enter US airspace, so they had to fly on to Canada/Mexico/Cuba and wait until they were allowed to enter the US - once again: several days after it all happened... (ok, it's kinda stupid to start flying before you have the permission to go where you want to but it's just as stupid to deny help when there's more work than your people can cope with)

anyways, I'm not that much into donating money since I'm working hard for my bucks ... if you think the same way: you can just as well donate time and some work - get involved with your favorite social organization (by the way, that will give you a better understanding on how the stuff works than donating money ... but I don't want to say that it's not important that there are also people who donate money since you can't have enough of that when you're helping people out...)

hmm ... if you really wanted to donate ... donate it yourselves will be the beset way ... buy food for them .. or anything ... churches are also rich ... redcross will only rescue people ... will they rebuild everything for the victims ? i do not know ... but churches are a better option i think .. but i still think donating to United Nation is better ...

Sometimes the schools block stupid stuff. Well they dont block it its just the system. They set it to block what ever they want. There was probably somethign on there that the system thought was r rated. That happend in my school alot but now since im in highschool i can go on anythign i want :P

i clicked on A sig with the redcross button the link is

Why is it R Rated?

Notice from serverph:

I help out at the red cross all the time and I thaink the reason that it came up with that is because that is not the site to donate to the redcross. If you would like to donate to the read cross you can go to there site Click here.

Dont donate to red cross because they just try to make profit off all the disaters that happen.

You should donate to the churches because as you see red cross isnt doing anything at all and from the news down here red cross will be closing their shelter for the people in new orleans at the end of the week.

And we are still donating to the.Red cross is just a big scam and I rather donate to the government before I donate to them.

Maybe you should show me the evidence behind your accusations. Red Cross is a NON-profit organization that has been available to aid and assist in the disaster and war torn areas of the world for longer than you have been alive. My daughter is the Coordinator of Community Education and Business Operations Officer for the West Shore Chapter of the Red Cross here in Michigan. Believe me, nobody here has made any profit off of the suffering disaster victims. She works her b***t off and gets a little over minimum wage. She schooled the volunteers sent to New Orleans from here and coordinated their travel to and from the disaster site. She was also sent to Miami as a disaster assistance coordinator when the hurricane hit there last year. This took her away from her family for over 2 weeks including weekends at her regular pay scale, without compensation for her absence from home.

The main reason for the backlog in receiving assistance is in the paper work necessary to validate the legitimacy of peoples claims. I don't think the general public is aware of the shear number fraudulent claims people make during such times. They have to be weeded out to make sure the true victims of a disaster are the recipients of the help.

BTW: If you donate to the National Red Cross, your donation will be divied up throughout the nation. If you want your dollars to assist in your local area, donate directly to your local chapter.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)