xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

The Air Car The car that runs on Air

/legacy
the minicat car runs on compressed air. does this mean unlimited fuel for everyone? and it is said that apart from being ecology-friendly, the minicat also is lighter and more silent than the traditional cars of today. i just hope the design of the minicats are more innovative. :) check the link, and tell us what you think.

It looks a bit strange, but anything which will spare the nature is good.Also I think they cant count :] on their site somethere they say "in three words: the future is now" well I think it are four words

LOL,They're ugly as all get out - but if they save me money, I'm sure I can 'Pimp that ride' or something. Don't go very fast though do they? 50 km/h is only.... um.. *counts on fingers* I dunno how many MPH...Still, if it saves us money, they're going to be VERY rich.Panda

Also I think they cant count :] on their site somethere they say "in three words: the future is now" well I think it are four words

183243[/snapback]

lolz! noticed that one too :) it's even in bold letters. maybe they just got overexcited with the car's concept and forgot to edit their pages properly. :( still, it's funny. :)

dont think this car is able to be pimped :S I mean, its so ugly

Very true.. Can't just slap some spinners one of these, and call it 'pimped'. It'll take some body mods and such, which will drag preformance of the car, and cause it to need gasoline backup.

Also impractical for anything but grandma's use. Impractical for businesses, etc.

Panda

as long as its cheaper than gas...but the cars are probbably cost more..and we need some cars that run without gas soon, cuz this is really stupid with these gas prices.. you have to waste half of your check just on gas almost to go to work so.

It does look a bit weird, it reminds me of those 'Smart' cars. Its a great idea though, refilling the whole tank, which lasts 200km with just 1.5 euros! The cars each cost about 9000 euros, and they are making van and taxi versions too.I'll be great once they start production and you can actually test drive one.

sounds great ... though it will increase the demand for electricity a lot, which will have to be produced somehow.An ideal addition to buying this car might be a solar panel to power the built-in compressor...

it seems like a good idea even though the car is ugly...but i cant have it tricked out like id want....but if its cheaper id drive just about anything until gas gets better

Wow! What an awesome invention.. aside from the look of the car, of course. If this is actually efficient, these people are going to be very rich. I guess now they just need to work on the asthetics of the car. And their counting. :P

Don't go very fast though do they? 50 km/h is only.... um.. *counts on fingers* I dunno how many MPH...

183244[/snapback]

Further down the article it says the top speed is 200 km/hr.

...yup, not enough toes for that one either. Google has lots of toes, must be the o's...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=conveG=Google+Search

~134 mi/hr

Maybe it makes a great whooshing sound too.

either I didn't read the page right or someone's mixing up the air engine's and the gas engine's top speed ... I remember something like 60km/h top for the air engine and "a gas engine for the open road" which kicks in at speeds above what the air engine can do. Attention: There are two versions of this car, one with an extra gas engine, one without ... so if you buy the one without gas engine don't come complaining "but brainless said..." :Pby the way, 50km/h is the general speed limit in german [and other european?] cities; the real average speed in cities like Berlin, London, New York is something like 30km/h so you probably won't notice that your car doesn't make more than 60km/h :P

Thats pretty awsome a car on air. There was a presentation in our school and they made thi car that goes on this machine that blows air and it picks up from the ground it was pretty awsome everybody liked it.