xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RemoteConnection

Linux Security Books

hi all, here's a collection of top linux security books and you can obtain each one by searching in amazon.com . If you know more plz add it here ."Hacking Linux Exposed"by Brian Hatch, James B. Lee, George KurtzISBN #0072225645, McGraw-Hill (2nd edition)"Maximum Linux Security: A Hacker's Guide to Protecting Your Linux Server and Workstation"by Anonymous and John RayISBN #0672321343, SamsCovers not only audit and protection methods but also investigates and explains the attacks and how they work. "Network Intrusion Detection: An Analyst's Handbook"by Stephen Northcutt, Donald McLachlan, Judy NovakISBN #0735710082, New Riders Publishing"SSH, the Secure Shell : The Definitive Guide"by Daniel J. Barrett, Richard SilvermanISBN #0596000111, O'Reilly & Associates"Computer Security Incident Handling Step by Step"by Stephen NorthcuttISBN #0967299217"Snort 2.1 Intrusion Detection, Second Edition"by Jay Beale, CaswellISBN #1931836043, Syngress"Ethereal Packet Sniffing"by Angela D. Orebaugh, Gilbert Ramirez, Ethereal.comISBN #1932266828, Syngress"Nessus Network Auditing (Jay Beale's Open Source Security)"by Renaud Deraison, Noam Rathaus, HD Moore, Raven Alder, George Theall, Andy Johnston, Jimmy AldersonISBN #1931836086, Syngress"Security Assessment: Case Studies for Implementing the NSA IAM"by Russ Rogers, Greg Miles, Ed Fuller, Ted DykstraISBN #1932266968, Syngress"Network Security Assessment"by Chris McNabISBN #059600611X, O'Reilly"A Practical Guide to Security Assessment"by Sudhanshu KairabISBN #0849317061, Auerbach Publicationshope to be useful :)

well I am not very good in Linux...i've just used it's GUI and that for a short while.....never tried to explore it.I think these books might help me......but just wanted to know...do you have any good E-Books for the starters in Linux?

This is quite a collection of books just for a not very broad topic like this. If I ever switch to Linux (not likely I can't live without the games that I own for Windows only) I will be sure to check out one of these books.

well, I'm gonna tell more books, but they're in network security section .:: Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets & Solutions, 5th Edition ::Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, George KurtzPaperback, 750 pagesISBN 0-072-26081-5Topics :Security vulnerabilities of operating systems, applications, and network devices; * Administrative procedures that will help defeat them; * Techniques for hacking Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, and Unix; * Strategies for breaking into (or bringing down) telephony devices, routers, and firewalls.:: Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent ::FX, Paul Craig, Joe Grand, Tim Mullen, Fyodor, Ryan Russell, Jay BealePaperback, 432 pagesISBN 1-931-83605-1Combines a fictional story with real-world technology.::Wi-Foo: The Secrets of Wireless Hacking ::Andrew Vladimirov, Konstantin V. Gavrilenko, Andrei A. MikhailovskyPaperback, 608 pagesISBN 0-321-20217-1If you're a hacker or security auditor, this book will get you in. If you're a netadmin, sysadmin, consultant, or home user, it'll keep everyone else out.:: Network Security Hacks ::Andrew LockhartPaperback, 304 pagesISBN 0-596-00643-8network security hacks is not a longwinded treatise on security theory. Instead, this information packed little book provides 100 quick, practical, and clever things to do to help make Linux, UNIX, or Windows networks more secure today.:: The Art of Computer Virus Research and Defense ::Peter SzorPaperback, 744 pagesISBN 0-321-30454-3 Symantec's chief antivirus researcher has written the definitive guide to contemporary virus threats, defense techniques, and analysis tools. this list will update soon.

:: Mastering FreeBSD and OpenBSD Security ::Yanek Korff, Paco Hope, Bruce PotterPaperback, 350 pagesISBN 0-596-00626-8Mastering FreeBSD and OpenBSD Security features broad and deep explanations of how how to secure most critical systems.:: Windows Server 2003 Security: A Technical Reference ::Roberta BraggPaperback, 1176 pagesISBN 0-321-30501-9with this book you'll learn Secure remote access using VPNs via IPSec, SSL, SMB signing, LDAP signing, and more ...:: Apache Security ::Ivan RisticPaperback, 280 pagesISBN 0-596-00724-8you'll learn install and configure Apache * prevent denial of service (DoS) and other attacks * securely share servers * control logging and monitoring * secure custom-written web applications and so on