xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
giuseppe_ita

Jsp,tomcat Etc How to?

Where can I find informations about using here JSP and Tomcat (configurations etc?)How many credits should I have?ByeThanks[hr=noshade][/hr]Which databases can I use?Is there a maximum file size?Which java enviroment will I use?Thanks in advance.Any help would be appreciatedBye bye[hr=noshade][/hr]I'd like to know more.Do anyone knows how to update war file on the server.Stopping and restarting of Apache service is automatic?If all these question have been already answered plese tell me whereThanksBye Bye

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged triple posts. Excessive (15) smilies removed. Moving from Technology.
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Where can I find informations about using here JSP and Tomcat (configurations etc?)

How many credits should I have?

Bye

Thanks

[hr=noshade][/hr]

Which databases can I use?

Is there a maximum file size?

Which java enviroment will I use?

Thanks in advance.

Any help would be appreciated

Bye bye

[hr=noshade][/hr]

I'd like to know more.

Do anyone knows how to update war file on the server.

Stopping and restarting of Apache service is automatic?

If all these question have been already answered plese tell me where

Thanks

Bye Bye

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged triple posts. Excessive (15) smilies removed. Moving from Technology.

183177[/snapback]

I hope to reach 10 credits soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I find informations about using here JSP and Tomcat (configurations etc?)How many credits should I have?
Bye
Thanks

Which databases can I use?
Is there a maximum file size?
Which java enviroment will I use?
Thanks in advance.
Any help would be appreciated
Bye bye

I'd like to know more.
Do anyone knows how to update war file on the server.
Stopping and restarting of Apache service is automatic?
If all these question have been already answered plese tell me where
Thanks

Bye Bye

Awesome, I get to help out -

All information regarding the features is on the Main-Page. If you want to know how to use those particular features, I'd suggest a google search.

10 Credits is enough for the Starting Package, however you can Go for 30, and immediately apply for the Advanced Package.

You have unlimited databases, however all databases will be prefixed with your Cpanel username (correct me if I'm wrong) so It will be 'thapanda_invision' in my case.

There is NO maximum filesize, however creating a download-only site is discouraged (prohibited?) I'd suggest taking it easy on the extremely large files, or use something like rapidshare for downloads relevant to your site, but larger than necessary. Of course, you can't upload anything larger than your maximum disk space allotted, based upon the package you signed up for.

I'm not all Javascripty - I'm a PHP guy, so I don't know about that...

War file = ?

Apache service - This server is hosted by the owner, and he does allow shell access (to a degree, if I'm not mistaken) on a as-needed basis. (I could be thinking about Xisto though). Tampering with the servers is strictly prohibited, no doubt. But Apache is always running 99.9% uptime... So I'm not sure of your question here.

- Panda

First of all have 10 or more credit and then request for you domain or subdomain.When everything is ready then send PM to admin, most probabaly to "OpaQue" and he will activate JSP/Tomcat environment for you.Then you can start playing with JSP/Tomcat.And for you, hoe to do that. Simply download Tomcat on your local machine, it comes with so many tutorials or you can gooooogled it.Once it works in your local environment then upload that to your site. It should be fine then.about war file, you just have to upload it in your tomcat_home/webapps.It should recognised your war file itself. But make sure your war file is correct, so to make sure play with local environment and then upload it.For database side, trap has MYSQL....i am sure tomcat is confiured with JDBD driver to work with, otherwise you can upload your own MYSQL-JDBC driver to application /lib directory or server /lib directory.Hope this all will help. Let me know if you required more information.Thanks.