xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Internet Explorer 7 Beta I and its at my favorite site

Posted Image

the is the unofficial official version of IE7 here is some stuff that has been added to the new IE browser

-Phising Filter to phish out the fake sites

-pop up blocker is in its new location instead of going to tool internet options to tweak it just go to tools

-also they have manage add-ons that are pick up by progrmas like yahoo for instance

-rss feeds

-now with the tabs if you just started ie it will havee a blank tab when you click on it it will be like a new window except that it will be blank and then a new tab will follow right next to it.

everything else is just the same, the only thing im not to fond of is where the url bar is at you can see it it is up top and meh hopefully they put it backdown to its home on release

the beta is about 11k file

Just wanted to know that from where did you download it and also can you change the location of tabs....because I dont like tabs on top I like tabs on bottom.

from what i tried out, it doesn't look like it right now, maybe when the full release is out then maybe.

wow., eventhough it looks a bit better than any other version previously releaesed, i dont like the idea of using IE anymore... I think I will give a try at least then I'll leave it again :)hehehe, cheers! :)

found another new feature for ie7 if you right click then go to encoding options you have the option of putting the scrollbar left or right, interesting as i saw css coding for that as well.

well I have to say that I personally dont like it, I downloaded it at a friends house (well I'm not going to risk my own computer with a pre release Microsoft product). I dont know what it was it just felt a little rushed I got the impression that some of the features were implemented poorly, Tabbed browsing in particular I felt that it was just there cos everyone else has it, and it was more of an afterthought than a genuine feature. That said I do like the small button next to the tab bar which opens a new tab. But my biggest problem with it (apart from I suspect they have done very little 'under the hood') is that the interface seems cluttered (and yeah I also absolutely hate the fact that you cannot move the tab bar I mean whos 'great' idea was it to put the toolbar at the bottom when nearly every other app has it right at the top.

well i keep on discovering more features on ie i was looking at my 1 year gift sig and it so happens .png extension is now in full use yeah.i bet though ill gates though it was cool (idiot), well like i said hopefully they fix it up a bit more.speaking of bogus files, when i was looking it was nothing but virus traps, good thing im got some good stuff going on this computer.

until i see bill gates become the poorest man on earth then i will admit it, if and only when that happens.

well it took me awhile for me to find this so only the people sheeling out cash to get ahold of this will find it.

I heard that Microsoft is copying the same features to that of Firefox. Additional tabs in the same window will be used, along with more customised features to make it easier to manage. Personally, if they can simply add as much added security and abilities as Firefox, I will only ever consider using it for FPT and Control Panel work only. Other than that, I'm sticking with Firefox because they're free, and they rely on people's donations to be productive. In order to get donations, they have to make the best product available to the public. Firefox has simply been fantastic for me, and I would never look or consider changing to Internet Explorer again. Besides, Microsoft products tend to be bulky and buggy. Mozilla makes Linux too as well I believe, which happens to be one of the most secure and stable true (free) Operating Systems out there.I may try Internet Explorer 7 when the final version comes out. I only hope they make it compatible with Windows 2000, but I heard somewhere that they won't (as usual). :)