xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vusay

Who Else Loves Guitar?

Hi, First of all, as I am a very good boy, I searched the forums before I posted this. I know there are 'Instrument' related posts but I want one specifcally for guitar. Right then, I've been playing guitar for just oer 3 years now. I have a Peavey Rotor Ex which I use into a Korg AX10g into a Peavey Studio Pro 112. I may be getting either a LIne 6 Dm4, Dime Distortion or Rocktron SilverDragon. I play in a Metallica tribute band, mainly lead, and I know loads of solos like One, Master of Puppets, Sad but true. But is it just me, or is anyone else overly obssesed with guitar. It's all I do and talk about. It means the life to me you know? So does anyone else play guitar and are so much in loe with it and also, tell me about your setup please. (Don't every buy Boss Distortion pedals.) They're so weak.

I learned guitar from grade 7-8. The only songs I can remember playing are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Amazing Grace which weren't really that hard to learn! I remember learning to play O'Canada but I can't remember how to play it anymore. My guitars strings are all broken off because my brother got mad at me. So I haven't played in years but I still remember some.

I love guitar too. But unfortunately I don't have much talent when it comes to playing it. I've tried a couple of times to teach myself some new stuff, but it never works out for me. Nevertheless, I love listening to it and like playing around with em.

Meh, too many people want to play the guitar XDD Now it doesn't seem all that orignal if you go out and say "hey, i can play the guitar!"but yeah, guitars can be fun to learn, but it's complicated memorizing all the cords X_X. I only played for a little while but gotten interested in another instrument =P. But I guess you get a really cool sound from the guitar

you wonna made a site of guitar?when i 'm a student the guitar is the good friend of mine although i wasn't learning it more but i just could play some rhythm .:)this played so clear music.

I just hate the people that "Play" guitar. You know the ones. They learn a few songs, and automatically it is their main instrument and they can play with the best of them. To truly play any instrument, you need to learn how it works. You need to explore the different techniques, and you need to learn the theory behind what you are doing.

That's what I'm trying to say. I don't just play it, I'm so dedicated to it now. I play at least 4 hours everyday. I'm very emotianal at the moment. The guitar is locked in school for the first time ever. I have to play the Strat again. But yehr, I adore it and it's my life. I've just got the black album tab book so I'm learning some more MEtallica. Already know Of wolf and Man and Wherever I may roam. But thanks for your replies.

I play a Ibanez acoustic guitar, and have been playing it since the end of my six years musical class education. Violin was my first instrument of choice I began to play and try out, as I started the musical class, but only for a half year. The reason why was all the noisy sounds me and my violin made, instead of building a crowd, everyone ran away for cover. I don't blame them, it wasn't any piece of a masterwork going on there. After deserted my Violin, I started to take piano lessons, which were much more fun, and learned alot for almost three years of weekly lessons. Couple of years later, all piano practice started to make sense and began to write my own musical compositions. But before that, at the end of my education, I completely fell in love with acoustic guitars. I promised my self to keep learning and struggle to master the beauty in that wonderful instrument. Two am in the morning I sat in my sisters livingroom playing and playing, with my fingers aching, and her husband jelling; "Can't you just stop playing that thing so we other can get some sleep here". Hehe :) The sum up is that it was worth all effort I put down. I love guitars, special the acoustic ones.