xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
drenomus

The Replacement Of Mp3, The Ogg Vorbis

Yeah I think so too...But MP3 market has the biggest share, even Microsoft's WMA format is competing with MP3 format. I doubt OGG will become known to the public that easily.Unless some big music-player companies like Apple or Creative adds on support to OGG, then it will become popular, probably even better than MP3 because of its small sizes. There aren't much players (software) that support OGG format too...OGG is open-source music format, probably no company can be able to patent it so it might be a fair play for the music industry.Anyway, I've heard that Creative won the patent for MP3 format and its features, so probably I think Apple will be in troublesome lawsuits soon if they carry on pushing their IPODs. I'm not sure about this.

But what do you think about AAC plus. I've downloaded the latest version of Winamp and it supports ripping your AUDIO CD into AAC plus v1 and v2. I know it can be sound to store music for multi-channels solutions like 5.1Is this format as good as MP3, better or worse? What do you think?

Yes, Ogg Vorbis MAY be smaller, and open-source. However is it easier to type? LOL, j/p.Yeah if it spreads, it will be due to some huge outbreak, otherwise, nobody will consider using it due to the lack of player support.

well OGG VORBIS is certainly a good choice as it is as small as MP3 and the sound quality is equally good infact a bit better....but the whole point gets wasted when we come to know that there are diff. equipments which dont support OGG VORBIS, they only support MP3 or WMA....so it is all about market share buddy!

in the page http://www.vorbis.com/ you can find information, but if you want a reproductor and a converter of mp3 to OGG you can download it free in https://www.dbpoweramp.com/
download the audio player and music converter and DONT FORGET to download the codecs OGG to convert from mp3 to OGG and viceversa. i recently obtain the last version of winnamp and my files of OGG play in this reproductor so good.