xisto Community
samma

Sig Borders ~ Samma

These are my ways of cleaning up my signature :)

Border Type 1 : This is one of the most popular borders.

You should have a signature that something looks like this (could look competely different).

Posted Image

Step 1 : Make a new layer above all other layers and then select all, and do a 1 pixel black inside stroke. Stroke can be found by Edit > Stroke

Step 2 : Make a new layer above the 1 pixel black stroked layer and select all, do a 3 pixel black inside stroke, then a 2 pixel white inside stroke.

Step 3 : Turn the layer just made (in step 2) so that the settings are on overlay.

Your result should look like this

Posted Image

Border Type 2 : Note this must have around 5 layers of brushing at least.

You should have a signature that looks something like this (could look competely different).

Posted Image

Step 1 : Make a new layer above all other layers then select all, and do a 1 black inside pixel stroke. Stroke can be found by Edit > Stroke

Step 2 :Then make a new layer below some of your brushes and select all, then go to Select > Modify > Border and do a 20 pixel border, then fill it with white.

Your result should be this

Posted Image

that should be a cardinal rule add border to sig before anything else. and then you would won't get destroyed when you present your sig.

lol i havent been here long enough to judge people, but do noobs like read a tut and try to do it before actually learning the basics of sigs? like borders, texts and etc?

Yeah, call me what you want, but I'm not a border fanatic. Most of them appear borderless anyway without close inspection. So I'd pass mine off without borders anytime.Sometimes a little (tiny) bevel or a white kinda flaky interior pointing border would be alright. Nothing too much more though.Panda

Think of borders as like a frame to a picture. Most paintings just dont stand out without the use of a frame. Of course, there are some acceptions o_o.

Borders are essential, nuff said.The white one doesn't really look good...I'd stick with a regular 1px black/white or a 3px with the middle invis or colored.