xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Rant On Ps2s Online Play

Online Play on Ps2 has become an annoyance and im going to rant about it right here. I am pissed with the way PS2s approach with online play. They have no ranking system and also they have *BLEEP* laggy servers. I am pissed, they dont even have a bungie based server running or a clan match program so people can organize and make clan battles which is available for the Xbox play. Xbox might be jumping ahead of the next consoles "war" because of how great LIVE is and they have better graphics. But when it comes down to it, the XBOXs main reason why its less to the PS2 is the controllers. The controllers on the XBOX are huge heavy joysticks....but now back to ranting on the PS2 online play..I was playing Socom yesterday and I was lagged out 4 times on 6 different servers. And this wasnt me because others were experiencing this. Most people have had enough of PS2 online and have switched to XBOX and I have done the same as well. The PS2 needs to do some real upgrading before the PS3 comes out for its online play.

well im not much of a fan of online playing to much cheating, to many mods and hacks, even though i got a cable modem it is still lagging for me. :):)

Before you compare this to Xbox Live you must understand that this is free which means no cost to you they cover everything. They can't have the best of everything if they provide it for free its just not possible because it would cost so much money they would have to charge for it or get rid of it. People who cheat, hack, and use mods ruin the game I will agree with you there, but is that Sony's fault?

I don't know what whacked up version of SOCOM you were playing... but SOCOM only has one server, two if you're playing SOCOM II. SOCOM has clans... and it most definitely has rank. Oh, and did you ever stop to think that maybe you and these other people that were being disconnected just have funky connections? I'm an avid SOCOM fan and am hardly every disconnected for game type reasons. Once in a blue moon I'm disconnected, but even then it's usually due to my internet just dying. Like Warior said, PS2 Online Play is FREE! If you want high-quality online performance... why don't you quit ranting and go buy an XBOX and pay the outrageous 140 bucks a year service fee. EVERY game has its glitches, Halo has just as many, if not more than SOCOM. This may sound harsh, but if you don't like it... put the controller down and go do something else, or better yet return the game!

Xbox LIVE has a fee. PS2 Does not. Understand? But really, I also dislike the Ps2 and going online. Though Resident Evil Out break File 2 has never failed me yet. Which is rather amazing.Second. Yes mods wreck games, hacks and the like are the reason most people do not like online. So, I think consoles should leave online alone. Computers are always better for online anyways.