xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brawler

What Happened To The Trap?

At about 8.30am on the 5th of September i wasn't able to access the Xisto forums. it said there was a active member overload or something. Is this because you have a whole heap of people on at the same time or because you had run over some sort of maximum registered user limit or something because it also said that you had a database error? or is this just some real dodgy coding?

yeah Xisto did have some problems admin have been notified of them, as of now the forums are up, you might experiance some more MySQL database problems, just bare with us at this time.

@brawler I think the problem was related to the recent forum upgrade, something didn't quite work the way it was supposed to.

@romy This is why it is says on the main forum page:

We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

Always good to have a few hosting credits in the bank just in case. :)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Whenever you copy a phrase or a sentence, please use the QUOTE tag.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

@romy This is why it is says on the main forum page:

We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

Well thats all good & dandy but I had JUST activated my account before the forum went down (dropping me down to 2 credits) and then I couldn't get online until today to post (because I couldn't access the forum AT ALL) and now my account is suspended with "HOSTING CREDITS : (-)4.09 (Negative)"

How I went from 2 credits to -4 (in TWO days) is beyond me. I guess you get penalized when you hit zero huh?

Anyway I had been trying all weekend to post to get me out of the danger zone & nothing! :) I understand that there were issues with the upgrade, but I would have thought that they would have STOPPED counting down credits while we had NO WAY of posting. Or at least credited them back once the upgrade was complete. But I came here & found no message of the problems that had happened over the weekend by either moderator or administrator, just people in the shoutbox and this thread. I would have expected there to be a notice in Alerts and Notices but didn't see anything.

Anyway, I'm off to try to post more to pull me out of this quagmire. (I don't think I've ever typed that word before) :)

--Jane

Sorry for all this mess.. Its my fault and I appologise for this. I usually look over the servers and keep a watch on the processes. I was out for a tiny vaccation (2 days) and things went haywire. I did not expect Xisto to go down. Anyway, looks like servers are more fragile than I thought. anyway, I will try my best to not let this happen in future. Thank You for your co-operation.

forgiven, opaque ... anyways, I maintain a hosting credit backup of at least 30 days 'cause I know that it happens every once in a while that I simply disappear for a week or two - and gues what would happen right the moment I come back? right, something breaks down and takes ages to be fixed :)

I was out for a tiny vaccation (2 days) and things went haywire.

See you are not allowed to leave ANYMORE. :) Like I said, I understand that problems happen (of course when you go out of town - Murphy's law)
I am now able to post again (obviously) and am working on building up my credits. I spent most of the weekend trying to upload my site using frontpage. And then installing Zencart to play around with that some. That cpanel thing & file manager are hard to get used to.

And yes opaque, I really DO appreciate the free hosting & the upgrade you helped me with. :) Hope you had a nice vacation! :(

--jane

Haha, I'm so lucky.I entered my application at the best posible time. :) I'm sorry for those who lost credits because of that.

Looks like someone forgot to put another coin in the meter :) Well its not like it happens often, in the year plus I've been here I can only remeber about twice its been down for more than an hour or so, and even that happends rarely, anyway I hope you had a good vacation OpaQue, you definately deserve it for creating the best web host and indeed forum around, I'm not useually one for forum posting but I find that the sheer scale of topic and the users here keep me coming back pretty much everyday, so I'm fairly sure I can find it in my heart to forgive you.