xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Edbengineerror

I'm getting a error in my application, as below;EDBEngineError 'Unknown username or password'ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.Cause: My production server is Oracle 8i SE, with delphi 5 accessing backend and storing password using encoding and decoding function. It works fine in Oracle 8i SE or EE.Then i installed Oracle 9i EE in development server, and delphi 5 already exists, and I'm accessing my Oracle 8i SE from development server using front end application delphi 5, now i'm getting above error messages. It returns different PASSWORD charater.then again i reinstalled Oracle 8i in development server, that time my application runs fine.Now, we want to upgrade to Oracle 9i, there is any changes to be made in delphi code by which my application can run smoothly.Please help me out, kvarnerexpress.

There is shouldn't be any problem between Oracle 8i, 9i to open database. How do you opn Oracle Database. By ODBC or other way?. I preffer the using external function which in the ora?.dll. For me ODBC is not the best way.